Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #51
saraley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What time do your kids go to bed and what time do they wake up?

My 14 m old goes to bed at 8 and falls asleep right away- he sleeps through the night but is up between 7-7:30 am; he takes a 2 hr nap in the afternoon
Glad to hear from others that this is pretty normal...I've been struggling w the 7 am wakeup bc he was sleeping tell 9 or later but was also up several times a night; I think I will take the sleeping through the night.

Advertisement

Old 09-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #52
Solomon's Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 2 yo and 4yo go to bed around 9:30, asleep by 10, and sleep until around 8. They both take 2 hour naps every day as well.
Solomon's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #53
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
3.5 year old goes to bed at 8 and wakes up sometime between 7 & 8:30, but usually the earlier side of that these days.

Four month old is really not on a schedule yet but try to get him asleep by 7. Often awake til 8. Morning anywhere from 5-7.
marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #54
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My five year old goes to bed between 7-7:30 and gets up between 5-6am. He used to have to be in bed by 6:30 pm or he was a bear! We have no choice but to get him up that early because we have to leave early for work. If it was up to us he would get up at 6 but we get up at 5 and he often hears us up and it wakes him.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #55
lanwenyi
Registered Users

My Mood:

DD 5y11.5m - 1st Grade - bedtime is 6:30pm, wakes between 5-5:30am
When she's not in school she still naps 3-5 days a week. On the days she naps, she stays up until 8:00 and still wakes up between 5-5:30am the next day.

DS 4y1.5m - PreSchool (3h, MWF)+ FT daycare - naps 1.5-2hrs - bedtime is 8:00pm, wakes between 5:30-6:00am.
When not going to daycare, he skips his nap MOST days (naps maybe 2-3 days a week; DD naps more often than he does) and goes to bed at 6:00-6:30 instead.

DH and I are teachers, so when school is not in session, DD does not go to school nor childcare and DS does not go to daycare and they follow their "alternate" bedtime schedules.

Our kids are naturally early risers, just like us. We've never been able to move their wake-up times away from 5-6 am, but that is when we (DH and I) have always gotten up, so we guess they come by it "naturally".
Old 09-04-2013, 04:54 AM   #56
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 17 month old goes to bed around 7 (sometimes 6:30, sometimes 7:30) and wakes up at six (she used to wake up at 7, but this week it has been six)
Old 09-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #57
mommyofhjm
Registered Users

All 5 kids lay down at 9:30 and have quiet time watching tv, tablets or reading until 10 then it's everything off.

The 12 & 11 year olds (6th grade) wake up at about 6:15.

The 10 (4th grade), 7 (2nd grade) & 6 (1st grade) year olds wake up at about 7:15.

I wish we could do an earlier bedtime but right now with football practice 4x a week for 3 of them, we get home around 8:30-8:45 and do dinner, showers & clothes for school. Just a couple more months....lol

Last edited by mommyofhjm; 09-04-2013 at 10:00 AM.
mommyofhjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #58
risata
Registered Users
seller

I have a 6 y.o. and 3 y.o.

They are in bed around 8:00. 3 y.o. usually falls asleep first, then 6 y.o. I think they're both asleep by 8:30ish.

Typically wake up around 7:00.

3 y.o. naps for 1.5-2 hrs 3-5x/wk. She can skip naps for several days in a row before it starts to catch up with her, though.

6 y.o. naps once a week, on Sunday. Usually she actually sleeps, sometimes not. That is more so that parents can nap too.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #59
mom2kaydncolt
Registered Users
seller

We have four right now.

Sierra - age 3 really needs to be in bed between 7 and 7:30. She doesn't nap (ideally), when she does nap she's awake until 10ish. She wakes up between 6 and 7 most mornings, even after a late night from having had a nap. She averages 11 to 12 hrs of sleep pretty consistently.

Sawyer - age 4 (almost 5) goes down with Sierra most nights but I'm actually thinking that he would do better with an 8pm bedtime. He's been waking at 5-5:30 with the 7:30 bedtime but last night went to bed about 8:15 and slept until 6:30ish this morning. He averages 10 hours of sleep consistently and will adjust his wake up time based on his go to sleep time.

Colton - age 6, we've been putting him to bed between 8:30 and 9 - a lot of nights closer to 9 but I think that's too late for him. He did better going to bed at 8:15 with Sawyer last night and woke around 7 this morning. He's my sleeper inner of all the kids. He averages 10hrs of sleep but isn't opposed to extra. lol

Kayd - age 7 (almost 8) we send him to bed between 8:30 and 9. Regardless of what time he goes to bed he is usually up by 6:30 at the latest. Once in a great while he'll sleep until 7 but it's really rare. I'm happy if he sleeps 9hrs a night. He's always been an early bird. I am not an early bird.

I miss the days where they all went to bed at the same time. I have less quiet completely child free time in the evenings now that the older ones are old enough to stay up a little later.

Came back to add - we homeschool so our kids can sleep until they naturally awake. It's rare that we have plans early enough in the day that I have to actually wake someone up. The kids are also almost always all awake well before me. Their current bedtimes exist because we try to pay attention to their tired cues and get them to bed before they get overtired and hit a second wind - esp the three yr old. These are their natural sleep schedules.

Last edited by mom2kaydncolt; 09-04-2013 at 11:09 AM.
mom2kaydncolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #60
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

My 5 year old and 8 year old go to bed at 8pm and wake at 6:30. My 13 year old goes to bed at 9pm and also wakes around 6:30ish. All are in school.
3rockstars is offline   Reply With Quote