Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Grovia Prefolds

Are they worth the extra $? What is your experience with them? I am debating trying them even though I dont need them at all. Talk me in or out of it

Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #2
chamise
Registered Users
seller

I've only ever used Grovia prefolds so I cannot compare. However, I do love mine. I have sizes 2, 3, and 4. Size 2 works well trifolded in a Grovia shell. No leaks. I put a size 3 in a pocket for nighttime when my fitteds are drying. No leaks. I snappi the size 4s and let my LO run around cover less. Haven't had issues with them leaking.

I spray my EBF poop and haven't had any stain yet. They are all fairly trim!
chamise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:28 AM   #3
March
Registered Users
seller

They're the only prefolds I've ever liked! I use them to stuff pockets and they're so much more pliable than all-cotton brands, so easy to trifold and stack. They're soooooo soft, too.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
Reel Life
Registered Users
seller

Re: Grovia Prefolds

Interesting! I went to a brick and mortar cloth diaper store for the first time over the weekend and I was very impressed with GroVia quality in general. I was curious about people's experience with their prefolds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
They're the only prefolds I've ever liked! I use them to stuff pockets and they're so much more pliable than all-cotton brands, so easy to trifold and stack. They're soooooo soft, too.
March, have you tried other prefolds that aren't all cotton?

Visit SweetIrisDesigns on Etsy or Hyena Cart for deliciously natural skin-care products or to build up your breathable, beat-the-rash stash of Polartec fleece, Nikky and Niji breathable+waterproof covers, and stretchy Snug Bug bamboo viscose flats. Like us on Facebook to help me decide on new products and get first dibs on seconds.
Reel Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

They also feel less wet than their cotton counterparts, IME
Old 09-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel Life
Interesting! I went to a brick and mortar cloth diaper store for the first time over the weekend and I was very impressed with GroVia quality in general. I was curious about people's experience with their prefolds.

March, have you tried other prefolds that aren't all cotton?
Sorry, I haven't. I've used OsoCozy, Bummis, Bummis organic cotton, and GMDs.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I will try them. Now to figure out the sizing. I am not crazy about prefolds so I may do just 3 of a couple sizes. I am thinking the size 2 for trifolding and the size 3 for pinning. DD2 is 20 months and just over 20lbs so I think the toddlers will be huge. WDYT? I would like to order 6 of each by my FSOT never moves so I am leary about reselling if I dont like them and shipping is always a bugger
Old 09-03-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
Pollypocket
Registered Users
seller

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemama
I think I will try them. Now to figure out the sizing. I am not crazy about prefolds so I may do just 3 of a couple sizes. I am thinking the size 2 for trifolding and the size 3 for pinning. DD2 is 20 months and just over 20lbs so I think the toddlers will be huge. WDYT? I would like to order 6 of each by my FSOT never moves so I am leary about reselling if I dont like them and shipping is always a bugger
For your DD2, I'd skip the 2s & get 3s for trifolding & 4s for pinning. My DD is 9 months & 12.0 lbs & I can pin the 2s on her but it's a stretch & I won't be able to do it much longer. The 3s would be a better fit when pinned on my DD. Side note: The 2s fit trifolded in a GV shell on the smallest & middle rise settings. The 3s fit on the middle & largest rise settings. Here's a picture I posted on another thread of a size 2 trifolded in a GV shell on the middle setting.

Last edited by Pollypocket; 12-28-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Pollypocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #9
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll be the lone dissenter here, I didn't like mine, so much that I sold them at quite a loss just to get rid of them.

I had 24 of the size 2 for trifolding, yes they were absorbent, but they did have a weird waxy feel to them that drove me nuts. On top of that, 6 of them shrunk up way more than the others and are so wonky looking that I didn't even try to sell them b/c they look so bad.

Everyone else seems to love them though. I seem to be the only one who doesn't...

ETA: I'd consider the Diaper Rite bamboo prefolds, they are a better price.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #10
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmmm interesting. Thanks for the pictures that helps. What are the measurements of the 3's? They may be perfect. Now to figure out how many and if I should get some 4's also.