Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #11
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminegrl
honestly after living in Japan for 3 years i miss their mommy/nursing areas. They have play toys for older children, changing tables, scales for weighing your little one, chairs for bottle feeding, and then they have separate areas for females only for nursing. In some places that don't have curtains for nursing they will have a sign on the door that says moms only and males have to wait outside.

http://www.tokyourbanbaby.com/2012/0...ing-rooms.html
Yes!! Visiting Korea with an 8 month old nursing 4 or so years ago made me entirely jealous! It was the same, and some places where perfectly fine for day's to come. The room was HUGE & sectioned off. Here ours is a little nicer with a chair in the bathroom. Haha!

Advertisement

E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #12
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mothercare room

Quote:
Originally Posted by marenmccoy View Post
Oh, and the lock was weird, too! No lock on the inside, and to get in you needed to punch in a code that you get by calling mall security.
Our family restrooms have these locks too. I assumed it was so that security could see who was going in. You know, those room are big. Horny teens, druggies. they could be used for so much more than peeing and changing diapers
Old 09-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #13
risata
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
Our family restrooms have these locks too. I assumed it was so that security could see who was going in. You know, those room are big. Horny teens, druggies. they could be used for so much more than peeing and changing diapers
It is really irritating to NEED the family bathroom only to find it occupied ... and then see some single guy coming out after stinking it up!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #14
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by risata View Post
It is really irritating to NEED the family bathroom only to find it occupied ... and then see some single guy coming out after stinking it up!
LMAO! totally! I've seen that so many times on the ones that aren't secured. And those are guys that make you wait a long time!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #15
SewGreenBaby
Registered Users
Formerly: Naturally Pampered
seller
seller

My Mood:
When we lived in fl our "family room" had a changing area, bathroom with little toilet and a bench, which was probably just for people waiting. It was directly across from the men's restroom. Not ideal, but baby had to eat!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
SewGreenBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #16
doodah
Registered Users
seller

thats weird. there are multiple family restrooms at our local mall plus a small room that has a glider and some toys for kids to play with. plus a changing station area....multiple tables, paper towels, sanitizer, etc.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #17
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
I always liked my local Macy's. they have comfy chairs in out of the way places near the dressing rooms. Perfect to nurse next to the petite section or the women's/old lady section.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #18
jasminegrl
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by marenmccoy View Post
Wow, that's awesome. I had to laugh that the room featured in the link got a rating of 4/10. Oh what they would think of the place I was at today!
i understand why it got a 4, it is tiny and doesn't have alot of ammenities, the one we normally frequented in our local mall in norther Japan was huge, like the size of maybe a 2/3 car garage. I have never come across a family room like the ones in Japan while in the United States.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #19
wlillie
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
thats weird. there are multiple family restrooms at our local mall plus a small room that has a glider and some toys for kids to play with. plus a changing station area....multiple tables, paper towels, sanitizer, etc.
I'm always excited by these; especially in airports!!! I asked to use one for breastfeeding once through the phone and I was aggravated thinking about how awesome it would have been in other airports when I had my kids. I've noticed newer areas being built are including them more and more.
wlillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #20
BootsNBuckles
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
That's how it is here in Central FL. Lights are also dimmed with tvs, tech docking station, ect
Brittany , Student and Wife to Omar , Proud parents of 3 girls, M, 9, J, 7 & E, 5 and hoping for bean #4 very soon! Team BLUE
BootsNBuckles is offline   Reply With Quote