Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Stripping Diapers in a front loader

Title says it all how do I strip diapers in my frontloading washing machine?

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
AmandaA
Registered Users
seller

Re: Stripping Diapers in a front loader

I think there are instructions on the bum genius website if I remember correctly. I just did mine by hand (dawn soak and scrub of my pockets with a nail brush) in the bath tub followed by a good wash with a bunch of rinses.
AmandaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Why do you need to strip? If you used non-CD safe cream on synthetic inners I agree that a dawn scrub (by hand) is the best course. If your diapers are ammonia-laden or not-so-fresh, just throw some bleach in the dispenser and wash as usual (maybe an extra rinse at the end, or throw some vinegar in the softner dispenser to neutralize the alkaline bleach).

Great customer service from:

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
BusyPAMommy
Registered Users
seller

I had good results with RLR. I had a bunch of pocket diapers/inserts that just didn't seem to be getting clean in my FL. Put a whole packet in with a load of washed diapers and ran a wash, then rinsed approx 10 times until I no longer saw bubbles. They smelled fresh for the first time in months.

And then I sold the pockets and switched to flats because I no longer trust the FL to get anything polyester clean.
BusyPAMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #5
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meljc
Why do you need to strip? If you used non-CD safe cream on synthetic inners I agree that a dawn scrub (by hand) is the best course. If your diapers are ammonia-laden or not-so-fresh, just throw some bleach in the dispenser and wash as usual (maybe an extra rinse at the end, or throw some vinegar in the softner dispenser to neutralize the alkaline bleach).
They have a smell to them so DH and I figured they needed stripped. We always use the sanitize cycle when we wash them...I assume I would throw in non-chlorine bleach?
Old 09-05-2013, 05:10 AM   #6
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyPAMommy
I had good results with RLR. I had a bunch of pocket diapers/inserts that just didn't seem to be getting clean in my FL. Put a whole packet in with a load of washed diapers and ran a wash, then rinsed approx 10 times until I no longer saw bubbles. They smelled fresh for the first time in months.

And then I sold the pockets and switched to flats because I no longer trust the FL to get anything polyester clean.
What is RLR?
Old 09-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #7
bailshelb
Registered Users

I've used vinegar and bleach in my FL with no problems.
bailshelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:31 AM   #8
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
They have a smell to them so DH and I figured they needed stripped. We always use the sanitize cycle when we wash them...I assume I would throw in non-chlorine bleach?
How do you wash them? You may need to increase or switch detergent. I'd recommend not using sanitize, as it can kill your elastic. Try regular chlorine bleach once per month with an extra rinse.

Great customer service from:

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:34 AM   #9
tjs77tsa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meljc View Post
How do you wash them? You may need to increase or switch detergent. I'd recommend not using sanitize, as it can kill your elastic. Try regular chlorine bleach once per month with an extra rinse.
This more soap I have never stripped diapers in 2 yrs of use smells mean you need more soap.
tjs77tsa is offline   Reply With Quote