Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
AdinaP
Registered Users

Looking for a Good Nighttime PullUp that doesn't leak.

Less than a month ago I bought some ADORABLE overnight pullup style cloth diapers off of Etsy. However, they just haven't worked on my daughter who is tall and thin. I think it is a fit issue, but really how can I know? PUL on the outside, soaker is made of 8 layers of cotton and it has a microfleece stay dry section on top of the soaker. It is an AIO. It also has a pocket so I can stuff it and if stuffed there is no real "wet" spot but her PJ's and bedding stinks of ammonia. Not always, but often enough so I have decided to resell them. A friend of mine is borrowing them to try with her son, so she might buy them. But if not to ebay they go.

Are there any good options out there besides $30 Super Undies for night time use? They need to be pull up style so she can take care of her own dressing/undressing needs.

Advertisement

AdinaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Looking for a Good Nighttime PullUp that doesn't leak.

super puffy and not at all like real underwear, but the happy heiny with no snaps were the only thing we found that worked for my heavy wetter. we used them with a hemp prefold and a microfiber insert. on my less heavy wetter we used ladderhilldesigns tinkle time trainers, they were super cute and we loved them. i just can't comment on how they'd work for a real flooder...we never had any issues with them though...
Old 09-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #3
AdinaP
Registered Users

That's just it. I'm not sure if she's a heavy wetter...I just think they don't fit properly on her. The inserts haven't been soaking wet or anything and there's no wetness in the morning. Maybe the smell is just transferring? I don't know but I don't like it :-( If only the Happy Heinys came with Disney Princesses on it she'd wear them no matter HOW puffy.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

motherese bedwetters but same price as super undies. If you like the HH design snap ez are similar but less poofy. Bumwear also make trainers but they are hard to find in the US -- more designs though (similar to snap ez as well)
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #5
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i make overnight pullups that my kids wear(and i sell lol. link in siggy.) idk about the cotton, i use bamboo and zorb in mine. i know i switched when older dd was almost 3 and 6-8 layers of cotton just wasnt enough and was bulky. the combo i use now is trim and super absorbent.
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
onegratefulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've heard greAt things about super sikivvies she was on etsy now expanding selling off leftover stock for $9.95 may want to look at that option. I'll link her new site and old etsy store so you can see the feedback. Thinking of trying 1!

http://www.superskivvies.biz/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SuperSkivvies

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
onegratefulmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #7
AdinaP
Registered Users

Thank you for all the leads. Does anyone have photos of kids wearing the HH or Motherease, etc so I can see what they look like/fit like?
Old 09-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #8
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son just wore his HH last night so the earliest he might wear them again is in 2 or 3 days I can try and remember.

I know you didn't ask but I have pics of my 3 year old in snap-ez
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...p?albumid=3715 (updated)
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 09-08-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #9
AdinaP
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post

I know you didn't ask but I have pics of my 3 year old in snap-ez
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...p?albumid=3548
Were the Snap-Ez GOOD for overnight? And which one did you have?
Old 09-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #10
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaP View Post
Were the Snap-Ez GOOD for overnight? And which one did you have?
We use the fleece pockets and only overnight. We stuffed them as needed for overnight.