Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Why am I getting tired of prefolds... sigh

I love them I really do. Love the ease when it comes to cleaning. Have never had any stink etc. They do make up the bulk of our stash. I have already given up on flats as a whole. The folding those just annoys me. I wanted to keep a simple stash (together with some of my Grovias lol!) for the most part. Now, dealing with a wiggly baby who hates to get changed its getting super frustrating . I don't want to part with them at all since im hoping once DS gets into toddlerhood these will be good trifolded. For now with the explosives still we need them snappied/boingoed. Anyone else gone through this and overcome it?!

Advertisement

Old 09-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Why am I getting tired of prefolds... sigh

My son is now 26 months old. We are still going through this. His new little trick is to spread his legs arch his back and shove off. Fortunately for his head we do most changes on the floor. However this makes changes very difficult. Generally I grab his legs and hold on until he gives up.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

sounds just like my case, only my toddler hasnt changed his wiggles! i had great luck with prefolds until he started walking at 11 months. now i have 32 toddler prefolds and only about 15 are in actual rotation, i also have 12 pockets and 2 fitteds. we use mainly the pockets now. i feel so bad for my prefolds as they slowly get used for cleaning our prefolds fit like garbage trifolded and lo doesnt like to wait for those changes. my husband is changing more then me and he use to love prefolds but now he likes pockets. some times ill ban pockets for myself and just use prefolds though so i dont feel so bad, and its nice i got them each for a dollar but for all they are great for it still stings when i dont use them
Old 09-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
Gabe'sMommy
Registered Users

Yes, I feel the same way! We use flats and prefolds almost exclusively. I was doing the airplane fold on all my flats when they came out of the dryer...now I mostly padfold, which is still annoying. I will airplane fold if I think a poop is coming on though. I've recently acquired and fell in love with OBGE's and now wish I had bought a full stash of them last year when they were 5 for $95. I have 3 OBGE's for the diaper bag and I'm going to try to get 6 Grovia AIO's from their seconds sale. along with some covers. I hope I like them as much. And I'm tired of working so hard to get flats and prefolds to work for me overnight so I just ordered 3 Sloomb OBF fitteds for overnight. Now to knit up some soakers and longies.

Last edited by Gabe'sMommy; 09-04-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Gabe'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my fluffy stack of GMD reds, but I am turning to aio's/pockets more and am sort of dazed when the diaper change is over in 2 seconds instead of a 3 round wrestling match.

I have 2 Freetimes that I am liking at night (blah on those fitteds) and am considering getting more...if only there was a sale coming up.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #6
ladybuglove
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
This totally happened to me too, used mainly trifolded gmd prefolds in flip covers, with a squirmy baby it was horrible. Prefolds shifted and moved! I ended up switching to aios. Still love using aios, could have gone Back to prefolds though after the squirmy stage.
ladybuglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #7
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't even get a disposable on my DD when she's going all crazy, a trifolded prefold in a Flip is not at all difficult. To me anyway. I did have to stop doing any fastening of the prefold, though, and went to all aplix. She will hold still for the 5 seconds to slap it on but won't stay still for snaps. Unless she is having one of her "my turn, change me like the baby" moments, in which case I could fold and pin a flat on her while she happily lay still "like a baby" lol.

Our trouble now is that DS does not fit in the yellow GMDs anymore if they are fastened, so we are trifolding, but it doesn't work that great with many of our full-cut small-size covers. I think he and DD will have to start sharing the GMD reds, but we don't have that many of them (originally 2 dozen and I'm sure a few are missing). Maybe I will see if he squeezes into the brown edge workhorse I have stored away. And/or start doing padfolded flats on DD at home. She really only goes through a few diapers a day now with her slowly growing interest in pottying. I'm not quite ready to deal with messes from putting her in trainer undies full time...
Old 09-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #8
DallasK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I agree with aplix. My dd is impossible at change time, I love a tri folded prefold in a bummis super lite. Even puts my Grovia h & l to shame.