Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
Midwife@heart
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I love Thirsties duo wraps but I want to see if I should try other ones too.

UPDATE

I bought two Flip covers and I think I like them more than Thirsties. We will see.

Advertisement

Last edited by Midwife@heart; 10-28-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Midwife@heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
erinofgod
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What are your favorite covers?

We have been using flips for about 18 months and they are great covers. Unfortunately, the elastic has not held up as well as I had hoped. I am going to try to replace it and hope for the best, bc we are about to have 2 in cloth and cannot afford to just replace the whole cover.
erinofgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
DiaperDiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So far I have tried Capri covers, thirsties covers, and zookaboo. I like zookaboo the best
Old 09-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really like duo sz1! Bummis makes a great cover too. I can't wait to try capri's I hope I really like them. I've also been eye balling the imagine AI2 covers with it's flaps, I've heard that are good for the middle rise out, not as good on the smallest rise.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #5
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My favorites for trifolding/padfolding are Flips, Bummis Super Lite, and the duos... I like aplix I haven't tried the Capri yet because of the price. Econobum are also excellent value, they are not my favorite (snaps only) but for the price they are awesome.

My favorites for covering a fitted or a fastened prefold/flat are Thirsties sized, Wallypop fleece wraps, Imse Vimse (the velour stripe kind), Rumparooz covers, and the above covers also work pretty well most of the time (although I like a fuller cut cover over fastened diapers). The IV are pricey but I got one as a hand-me-down and fell in love

I don't love Bummis Super Whisper Wraps - they are durable and effective, but they just feel sort of rough and crunchy to me, not as stretchy or as soft as my more favored covers. They have been very popular for a long time though. Super Brites are good and I loved my newborn size one, but the prints are ugly IMO. I don't like Grovias because I find the coverage lacking and the fit just doesn't work well on my babies' shapes, I think they fit better on babies with a lower rise who aren't as bottom-heavy. (Then again, many moms say the Flips don't fit their babies well because they are so wide in the crotch and big overall, but they fit my babies REALLY well...)

I also have some various WAHM covers that can be pretty good but are sometimes sized oddly. Most of the WAHM covers I have are from stores that are now defunct, anyway. And I have a Planetwise cover that I got in the seconds sale recently and apart from some problem snaps, it is nice and working well for us, nice big tucking flaps but also enough side coverage to easily cover a snappied prefold, plus cute prints I also like pull-on nylon covers over cute fitteds because they show the prints and are super comfy, I will also be using them increasingly over trainer undies for outings as my DD starts PLing, since she can easily pull them up and down.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
crescendolls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I like thirsties, flips, and blueberry coveralls. All snaps, the application on the flips is no good imo
crescendolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #7
crescendolls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I meant aplix ^^lol
crescendolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #8
Oliver'sMom
Registered Users
seller

We like the blueberry and rar covers. We only use them at night over a fitted and have never had a leak with either brand.
Oliver'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #9
kris10mus
Registered Users
seller
seller

Diaper safari are our favs!
kris10mus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #10
sublime.mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm really not picky. Anything that works, I like. I use Rumparooz, Flips, Econobums and a couple wahm covers/woolies. One of my wahm covers was made by Mrs. Sunshine on here. It has adorable ruffle butts
The Rumparooz are my favorites so far.