Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #1
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
28 weeks and hit a wall

I just crossed over 28 weeks into the third trimester and I feel like it too. I feel huge even though I know that am going to get much bigger. I'm less conformable at night so sleeping quality is down so more tired.

I feel like I'm getting very slow on my walks... three months of this is going to drive me batty. I figured it wouldn't get like this for at least a few more weeks.

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

The 3rd trimester with #2 and #3 was awful for me. Heartburn every night and often first thing in the morning. Waddling around and feeling out of breath after walking to the bathroom. Hip pain. Round ligament pain. Irregular contractions. Peeing every 5 minutes. Always feeling uncomfortable. Baby moving in ways that hurt. No advice but tons of sympathy!!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
I'm 25 weeks, and I've definitely noticed a difference the last couple of days! I'm hoping its temporary and goes away for at least a couple more weeks.

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 28 weeks and hit a wall

Oh and I have a crazy active baby who is just getting stronger. It's going to be an interesting fall!

thanks!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Old 09-12-2013, 01:38 AM   #5
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
The third trimester is the worst!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:22 AM   #6
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

if this is first baby then wait to you have more ... it gets to you faster.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:43 AM   #7
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Get a good support for your belly! It made a really big difference for me in this last pregnancy. (#7) Also, sleep on your side with a pillow between your knees, or try your couch - I sleep better there when pregnant. Calcium and magnesium can help with crampiness, restless legs, and leg cramps. A bit of exercise and stretching can relieve soreness and tension that keeps you from sleeping. Try a warm bath or shower before bed too.
Hope the time passes quickly for you!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:45 AM   #8
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
if this is first baby then wait to you have more ... it gets to you faster.
Nope second. First, I didn't slow down until the last couple of weeks.

I stopped wearing the belly support with the round ligament pain stopped but I could see trying it again. I have a body pillow, but it was cheap and from my first as well so the support from it is eh. If I sleep on my back it kills for half the day. If I sleep on either side it will usually be tingly asleep when I wake up. I'm normally a knee up belly sleeper so it's just hard in general. I like an arm under my head too but then that gets all tingly.

I have to eat several bananas a week or I get charlie horses in my legs!

:-p

Last edited by Pixi6s; 09-13-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #9
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

I feel the same way. I am 30 wks and feel huge. This is my 6th so you think I'd be used to it but I swear I am bigger and I can't imagine another 10 weeks!!!!
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #10
CCBananaMom
Registered Users

With my first I felt that way for a few weeks around 27-30 weeks, then I felt better for a while, it seemed to come in phases as if my body was being pushed and stretched, and then would adjust for a while, and then be pushed again.

Now on my second I am at 29 weeks and feeling the same way so I am hoping it goes away soon like last time.

I second the couch recommendation. I find sleeping easier on a comfy couch at this point than on a bed. It's easier for me to stay propped up a bit which helps with heart burn.

Hope things improve for you--good luck!
CCBananaMom is offline   Reply With Quote