Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #11
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Food whine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MothyrGrimm View Post
Does anyone know if President brie from Wal-Mart is pasteurized? It's a big main brand and the only one I can find around here... I never thought of checking to see if they're pasteurized since brie is notoriously not. Although this is America and we feel the need to pasteurize everything. Lol!
I'm not a brie eater so I really don't know but I thought most cheese in america was pasteurized and you had to go out of your way to get unpasteurized. I would at least check next time you are at the store.

I was going to not avoid all the listeria worries this time, but my husband wanted me to. Sigh.

I MISS SUSHI!!!! I am going to request it on my child birthing bed I also miss a good beer.

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #12
dani_p
Registered Users

Most Brie in the US is pasteurized. And if it is, the word "pasteurized" must appear on the package. That said, I'm a bad pregnant lady and I eat whatever I want! Raw, cooked, pasteurized or not. I try to eat from reputable, local sources (no sushi from the gas station ). I cut down on the caffeine and avoid alcohol but everything else is fair game!

Also, Starbucks does have decaf espresso.
Expecting number two (04/14)!
dani_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #13
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You can eat pretty much everything you ate before getting pregnant....especially if you ate it before. I never avoided anything. It's even okay to have a little beer/wine once in awhile (I don't drink either though so I didn't have any while pregnant). I personally think it's better that we don't avoid things because we pass it all to our baby and it can help against allergies.
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #14
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaleah View Post
You can eat pretty much everything you ate before getting pregnant....especially if you ate it before. I never avoided anything. It's even okay to have a little beer/wine once in awhile (I don't drink either though so I didn't have any while pregnant). I personally think it's better that we don't avoid things because we pass it all to our baby and it can help against allergies.
Food avoidance, from what i understand, is to avoid listeria. Listeria would be like food poisoning to most people but fatal to the unborn.

The chances of someone getting listeria in American is pretty low and rare (at least documented, how many people who get food poisoning get it diagnosed) , so in general I think it's a personal preference whether we make that choice for our family or not... I did for my first, I wasn't going to for my second, but was talked into it. I've "cheated" for convenience more this time around as well but generally have been.

You also need to choose how far you want to take it. In theory listeria could be on almost anything but we still have to eat.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 09-12-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #15
Mommy to Eli and Baby#2
Registered Users

Starbucks absolutely has decaf espresso!

I avoided all the no-no foods the first time around but les so with my second.
Mommy to Eli and Baby#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #16
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

I don't avoid any of the "bad" foods, but from about 20 weeks on I feel like avoiding all food in general. A cracker and a sip of water will give me heartburn for hours. I can't eat anything less than 5 hrs before bed unless I want to be awake all night. I was hoping things would be different this pregnancy but no luck
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #17
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Pregnancy won't keep me from a PSL!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:39 AM   #18
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I don't restrict things in pregnancy except alcohol in large amounts....
athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #19
Jleigh8289
Registered Users
seller

I don't avoid anything. I can be found with a cup of coffee in the morning, a coke at lunch and the very very very occasional beer at dinner. I eat lunch meat sandwiches or just lunch meat straight out of the container. We really don't eat fancy cheese so I don't worry about that and I don't like wine... Basically, if I ate or drank it before pregnancy, I eat or drink it now (save watching the alcohol consumption, that does make me nervous).
Jleigh8289 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #20
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I read on Wal-Mart's site that the President brie is made with pasteurized milk! Squeeeee!!!! Sounds like a decaf pumpkin latte and 5 rounds of brie are in my future. Lmao