Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #21
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Food whine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
Food avoidance, from what i understand, is to avoid listeria. Listeria would be like food poisoning to most people but fatal to the unborn.

The chances of someone getting listeria in American is pretty low and rare (at least documented, how many people who get food poisoning get it diagnosed) , so in general I think it's a personal preference whether we make that choice for our family or not... I did for my first, I wasn't going to for my second, but was talked into it. I've "cheated" for convenience more this time around as well but generally have been.

You also need to choose how far you want to take it. In theory listeria could be on almost anything but we still have to eat.
This...it may be the right choice for others to eat whatever they ate pre-pg, but not for me. I did a year of hellish fertility treatments to get pg & have had some bumps along the way during pg. I've been pretty mindful to stay away from high-risk food, drink, etc. No scooping litters, no lunchmeat, no alcohol, etc. Even though I know that any risk from those things is truly miniscule, I feel like I have to do everything possible to minimize risks. I also am a bit of a car seat nut & do everything I can to minimize SIDS risks, KWIM?

Advertisement

Old 09-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #22
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MothyrGrimm View Post
I read on Wal-Mart's site that the President brie is made with pasteurized milk! Squeeeee!!!! Sounds like a decaf pumpkin latte and 5 rounds of brie are in my future. Lmao
have fun!
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #23
miriamleigh
Registered Users

I eat the same stuff when I'm pregnant. I also have 1/2 glass of wine every once and a while. I never cut back on caffeine.
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #24
rae0701
Registered Users
seller

Starbucks has decaf espresso! I always order a decaf iced caramel macchiato (when I feel the need to splurge on a $5 coffee!). Yum.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #25
miriamleigh
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
Food avoidance, from what i understand, is to avoid listeria. Listeria would be like food poisoning to most people but fatal to the unborn.

The chances of someone getting listeria in American is pretty low and rare (at least documented, how many people who get food poisoning get it diagnosed) , so in general I think it's a personal preference whether we make that choice for our family or not... I did for my first, I wasn't going to for my second, but was talked into it. I've "cheated" for convenience more this time around as well but generally have been.

You also need to choose how far you want to take it. In theory listeria could be on almost anything but we still have to eat.

Yeah, I don't worry about listeria too much because it seems like major outbreaks are on fresh fruits and veggies and not meat or unpasteurized cheese. I don't eat unpasteurized stuff anyway because I don't shop at fancy grocery stores so that's a non issue.
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:03 AM   #26
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rae0701 View Post
Starbucks has decaf espresso! I always order a decaf iced caramel macchiato (when I feel the need to splurge on a $5 coffee!). Yum.
I got a decaf iced pumpkin latte yesterday. Soo good! Like the fourth time I've ever been in a Starbucks haha Also went and bought brie <3
Old 09-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #27
karikos
Registered Users
seller

A cold sub sandwich. I haven't had one since we found out and oh my gosh I'm missing it now. SOOOO close to the end and DH is under orders to get me a sandwich from our favorite place when we're still in the hospital.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #28
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by karikos View Post
A cold sub sandwich. I haven't had one since we found out and oh my gosh I'm missing it now. SOOOO close to the end and DH is under orders to get me a sandwich from our favorite place when we're still in the hospital.
Yup, I though DP was silly for making me bring her a sub while she was in the hospital...I never thought I'd miss coldcuts. I might ask her to bring me one after I have the babies too!
Old 09-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #29
karikos
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
Yup, I though DP was silly for making me bring her a sub while she was in the hospital...I never thought I'd miss coldcuts. I might ask her to bring me one after I have the babies too!
I could eat a turkey sandwich with onions, lettuce, pickles and mayo every day of my life and never get sick of it. And the bread our favorite place uses is just ah-maze-ing.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #30
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Do you think a chicken bacon ranch from Subway counts as cold cuts? It's no cold cuts per se but...