Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #11
formerly R***and**********
We were visiting family out of state with #3 and wanted to tell in person, so we announced him at 5 weeks. Since we told them we had to announce to everyone at that point.
Under normal circumstances we usually wait until 10 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: when to announce pregnancy?

I usually wait until around 14 weeks and several ultrasounds to tell anyone. Although on this last one we did tell a few close family members because we had been going through Infertility treatments and needed their help with child care so of course two weeks later they were right there asking if things had worked. We couldn't not tell them, and then when we lost it a few short weeks later we needed their help again. So Mom, MIL, and grand MIL knew and two friends at work knew but that was it. The only one anyone outside of that has known about is DS even though we've lost 6 others because my latest loss was at 12 weeks so I wait until after that to tell "the world".
hand spinning, soap making, sheep raising wife to my hardworking and FT WOHM to my 'lil & 6 angels in heaven & our rainbow baby that joined us safely this summer!
ISO: Formula Checks- if you have some you won't use we would love to have them!
NB Diapers for sale:
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:
We tell people right away. My thought process is tell the people who you would want to come around you in the event of a miscarriage. Congrats!

Wife to my best friend Chris, SAHM to son Colt!
Wopnkrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #14
Registered Users
We lost a baby at 5 weeks in June. I hadn't told many people so I was I this strange limbo where I felt like I had this heartbreaking secret and nobody to talk to. I feel much different with this pregnancy (lots of symptoms!) so I told those close to me right away and everyone I see on a regular basis at 6 weeks when I had passed where I was when I had the miscarriage. Like others have said, if something were I happen it's those I'm closest to that I'd like to be there for me.
Amber, wife of M, mom of L (3/08) and A (5/14).
NewbieSAHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:32 PM   #15
Registered Users
Well dh and I told as soon as I found out with ds... Abt 3w6d.. Wayy early.. My SIL got pregnant right away after us.. And told a few close family members and bfs.. But wanted to wait to announce it to the inlaws and everyone else at 12Weeks.. Because of MC.. Well she ended up telling the in laws at abt 7 Weeks and had a MC abt a week later.. So now I look at it like, yes at ,3w6d I could MC and never even known I was preggers but a MC or still birth can happen AT ANY TIME!!.even past 12Weeks.. I know after the 1st trimester your chances of carrying full term go up but seriously if God wants you to lose it you will.. There is nothing to be ashamed abt. It part of fertility, and ttc. Im not saying it isnt heart breaking but enjoy it! Share it with everyone once your comfortable!! I will say.. Just for the fun of it we are wanting to wait till abt 18/20Weeks with our next.. Just to surprise everyone. But if I MC, id tell our family and close friends.
MrsChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #16
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: when to announce pregnancy?

I told everyone right away with my first two, but then I had 2 early losses and had some negative comments from people (not really aimed at being hurtful, but they said some things that seemed really insensitive) because I told everyone right away with the first loss. So, after that experience I chose to tell only those who were comforting through the process as soon as I found out. I told close family and friends (who I didn't already tell) after seeing the hb at 8 weeks and announced on fb at 22 weeks.
Mr. Man (8/09) , Little guy (6/11) and my little girl (1/14) missing my little beans (10/12) (03/13)
JasmineMama is offline   Reply With Quote