Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Once Upon A Child Consignment

Does anybody know about how much they will pay you for maternity jeans? I have some newer ones with the full belly panel and some older ones with the lower panel.

It's about an hour drive for me so I'm trying to decide if it's worth it. I have a local shop that takes things on consignment, so I can go there, but if I could get cash up front that'd be better.

My craigslist stinks! Nothing moves on there. Never any maternity or cloth.

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 09-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Re: Once Upon A Child Consignment

Ours does not buy maternity But I did get $70 this morning for two totes of toys and clothes (newborn)!! They seem to pay a good price - much more then I would have guessed.

Ebay seems to also sell name brand maternity well, if you have a top throw it in as an outfit/lot. I love selling mine on there!
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaof2cuties4ever View Post
Ours does not buy maternity But I did get $70 this morning for two totes of toys and clothes (newborn)!! They seem to pay a good price - much more then I would have guessed.

Ebay seems to also sell name brand maternity well, if you have a top throw it in as an outfit/lot. I love selling mine on there!
Oh, I wonder if they're all like that then?

I have 7 pair and a sweater - should I list them separately? Price? I'm afraid I'd get to the end of the sale and after fees, made nothing.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
bazil323
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My advice with Ebay is to definitely charge for shipping (after all most companies do unless it's a big purchase!) and make the starting bid whatever you are willing to accept. So if you have a pair of jeans that you absolutely won't take less than $5, make that the starting bid. Otherwise if you start it at 0, you may get stuck with a winning bid of like 25 cents for a nice pair of jeans. The selling fees depend on how much the final price is but you'll probably be looking at something like a couple bucks. My last sell was a brand new GoodMama diaper for I think $45 bucks, and my selling fees for that month were about $4, but I think I had sold a couple small things that month too.
bazil323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #5
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post
Oh, I wonder if they're all like that then?

I have 7 pair and a sweater - should I list them separately? Price? I'm afraid I'd get to the end of the sale and after fees, made nothing.
You could do them seperate and just tell people that you will combine shipping costs if they want more then one.

Like the PP said, I would charge for fees (I think their selling fee is 9% plus 1% more when shipped - so 10% total). I also figure in paypal fees :giggle; people will pay crazy things for stuff on ebay! I would make sure that after fees and shipping you get at least $5-7 per pair.

Oh, I know that there is a OUAC about 2 hours from my house that sells maternity, just not ours I think they would make a killing on nursing items if the would sell those!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #6
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

I think your pricing on here is totally fair! I really like the sweater but sadly I am 3 weeks pp No more clothes for me!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaof2cuties4ever View Post
I think your pricing on here is totally fair! I really like the sweater but sadly I am 3 weeks pp No more clothes for me!
Thank you. I LOVE that sweater but my fair skin and blond hair do not match!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
Bodangls
Registered Users
seller

Don't know if someone already mentioned, but you can set a reserve price on eBay. If the reserve isn't met, nobody buys the item. This way you can price it low to attract buyers without risking selling for $1.
Bodangls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #9
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Each store is different. I used to work there.
OUR store based the price off a computer system. You'd enter the brand, condition, size..ect, and it would spit out a number.
It's also the area you live in. I worked in a moderate area with an air force base in the next town, and we had a lot of visitors!
Now, the owner had another store in a very remote town, and her prices there were MUCH different.

It also depends on who is doing your buy. My boss (owner) was a B and if she didn't like you, she'd give you the lowest price if she even took them, then she'd charge max for the item.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #10
ofthemoonsglow
Registered Users
Formely: Mia**da
seller
seller

My Mood:
eBay is a good bet. You won't make a lot of money but a few dollars an item. There are tons of maternity clothes on eBay. It also depends on if they are like old navy maternity or motherhood maternity price wise. eBay will take 10% and PayPal will take 30 cents + I think 1.6% of the total cost of the item plus the shipping cost. Free shipping will make some thing sell faster.
But this is really getting into eBay selling. Please pm me if you'd like or there is an eBay thread somewhere on here where you can get answers from people even more experienced then me.