Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:
Any experiance with placenta accreta with complete placenta previa?

I just got back from my ultrasound with the Perinatologist and my placenta previa is still complete, covering my previous c/s scar and deeply embedded - placenta accreta, almost increta. The Perinatologist said that I have a 50/50 chance of a hysterectomy and that they will be scheduling a c/s for us at 36 weeks. When I asked if they would be checking little girl's lungs first, he said no, that there was less risk involved with a preterm infant in the NICU for a few days, than a bleed out. Aside from being informed that I now have to be a couch potato, and not be to far away from hospital, and watch for any bleeding, does anybody have other tips they would like to pass on? What was your 36 week old baby like? I've only had 42+ week old babies! I have no idea what to do with somebody so tiny. What diapers worked best for you? Did you have a long stay in the NICU?

Just looking for advice and generally how things turned out for you or someone you knew with placenta previa and accreta, or a 36 week old baby.

Thanks !

I have a follow up in a month.

Advertisement

Last edited by rumblepurr; 09-16-2013 at 06:31 PM.
rumblepurr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My friend had the same diagnosis. She did not need a hysterectomy. I've had 34, 35 and 36 weekers and only the 35 stated in the transition nursery for juandice. The next one had it too but they sent us home with a light. No breathing issues. And my only full term baby is the one with a myriad of health issued
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any experiance with placenta accreta with complete placenta previa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
My friend had the same diagnosis. She did not need a hysterectomy. I've had 34, 35 and 36 weekers and only the 35 stated in the transition nursery for juandice. The next one had it too but they sent us home with a light. No breathing issues. And my only full term baby is the one with a myriad of health issued
That is great to hear! Did you cloth diaper in the beginning? What were your LO's birth weights?
Old 09-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #4
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblepurr View Post
That is great to hear! Did you cloth diaper in the beginning? What were your LO's birth weights?
yes, only my youngest used sposies when she was in the hospital for a week at a time a few times. they were 5'12, 5'13, 4'8(36weeker lol) and 6'5(overdue by 2 days)
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What were your fav. diapers?
Old 09-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
miriamleigh
Registered Users

I have no experience with this, but I wanted to offer a cyber hug. That's a tough diagnosis:-(. FWIW 4 of my nieces and nephews were 36 weekers. All of them went home with their moms after the usual hospital stay. They weighed between 6lbs 3 oz and 6lbs 11oz. My midwife said that babies can gain as much as 1/2 lbs a week in the last 4 weeks. This baby may be a good 3lbs smaller than your others (although that seems like a lot to me).
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:39 AM   #7
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have had a 34 1/2 weeker that was 4 1/2 lbs and needed no help at all. I also had 2 37 week babies that were 7 and 8 lbs and did great. This seems wise as a bleed would be a life and death situation for both of you. Baby should do fine, but it might take more work for breastfeeding.

Quote:
I just got back from my ultrasound with the Perinatologist and my placenta previa is still complete, covering my previous c/s scar and deeply embedded - placenta accreta, almost increta. The Perinatologist said that I have a 50/50 chance of a hysterectomy and that they will be scheduling a c/s for us at 36 weeks. When I asked if they would be checking little girl's lungs first, he said no, that there was less risk involved with a preterm infant in the NICU for a few days, than a bleed out. Aside from being informed that I now have to be a couch potato, and not be to far away from hospital, and watch for any bleeding, does anybody have other tips they would like to pass on? What was your 36 week old baby like? I've only had 42+ week old babies! I have no idea what to do with somebody so tiny. What diapers worked best for you? Did you have a long stay in the NICU?

Just looking for advice and generally how things turned out for you or someone you knew with placenta previa and accreta, or a 36 week old baby.

Thanks !

I have a follow up in a month.

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #8
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all your input on 36 week olds! That has been vastly reassuring. I keep hearing stories about babies not being able to breath because of lung development being still to far behind, and it's great hearing these stories about babies doing well <3!
Old 09-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #9
miriamleigh
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks for all your input on 36 week olds! That has been vastly reassuring. I keep hearing stories about babies not being able to breath because of lung development being still to far behind, and it's great hearing these stories about babies doing well <3!
I would go ahead and talk to the NICU nursing staff now. They will walk you through what to expect if your baby has trouble breathing or other issues and what they will do about it. Meeting with the staff could help relieve a lot of your anxiety.
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #10
33andunder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriamleigh View Post
I would go ahead and talk to the NICU nursing staff now. They will walk you through what to expect if your baby has trouble breathing or other issues and what they will do about it. Meeting with the staff could help relieve a lot of your anxiety.
That sounds like great advice. Can they give you the injections (steroid) that help with lung maturity? My twins were born at 35 and 5, without issue. But knowing what will happen if there is an issue can be helpful.