Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #11
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any experiance with placenta accreta with complete placenta previa?

Is there any chance that your placenta will move a little at this stage? I know in over previa cases it can move up a lot....my nieces moms placenta finally moved around 30weeks or so so she was able to do a vaginal delivery just fine. Just wondering. I assume they will do more ultrasounds too to make sure of the position. I find it a little odd thsy wouldn't do steroid shots to make sure baby is okay...especially since there have been tons of studies saying a c/s shouldn't be done until 39+weeks instead of 37 or 38 like some do. I do know some 35-36 week babies who didn't have problems right after birth but they showed lots of lung related problems as they got older. A little girl my daughters age gets pneumonia all the time and has horrible breathing problems with asthma. She was a 35.5 weeker due from pre e. She was tiny but went home with a clean bill of health when she was born. Just make sure you ask lots of questions and tell them all concerns you might have. I will say a prayer for you and your baby!!!!

Advertisement

SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:46 AM   #12
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaleah View Post
Is there any chance that your placenta will move a little at this stage? I know in over previa cases it can move up a lot....my nieces moms placenta finally moved around 30weeks or so so she was able to do a vaginal delivery just fine. Just wondering. I assume they will do more ultrasounds too to make sure of the position. I find it a little odd thsy wouldn't do steroid shots to make sure baby is okay...especially since there have been tons of studies saying a c/s shouldn't be done until 39+weeks instead of 37 or 38 like some do. I do know some 35-36 week babies who didn't have problems right after birth but they showed lots of lung related problems as they got older. A little girl my daughters age gets pneumonia all the time and has horrible breathing problems with asthma. She was a 35.5 weeker due from pre e. She was tiny but went home with a clean bill of health when she was born. Just make sure you ask lots of questions and tell them all concerns you might have. I will say a prayer for you and your baby!!!!

No, there is no chance for her. Placenta accreta means the placenta has grown through the uterine tissue and in her case nearly to the outer wall. It is a situation that has a near 100% mortality rate for mom and baby. I say near because they used to use a violent vaginal surgical removal of the placenta and extraction of the baby when it was caught in early labor and managed to save a couple of babies that way. This truly is the case of being able to be so thankful for modern medical care!

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #13
Docs Wife
Registered Users
Formerly: swags
seller

My Mood:
I had both placenta previa and increta with my youngest and ended up with an emergency c-hyst at 33wks.
Docs Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:55 PM   #14
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docs Wife View Post
I had both placenta previa and increta with my youngest and ended up with an emergency c-hyst at 33wks.
How did that go for you? If your not comfortable about sharing here, please feel free to PM me! I'm really scared about having an emergency c-hyst - and what recovery and afterwards what life is like without it. How did your little one do?
rumblepurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #15
Docs Wife
Registered Users
Formerly: swags
seller

My Mood:
I am mobile and can't figure out how to link but search "c-hyst Justin Liam" and it will pull up my birth story. I still have a very small amount of my cervix and my ovaries. Honestly other then the fact I don't have a cycle every month I really don't feel any different. The recovery took a little longer because they made a vertical incision but it was not as bad as I has expected. I spent about a week in the hospital postpartum. I did suffer from postpartum depression which I hadn't with previous pregnancies. My DS is doing great. He is off the charts tiny, but a very active little monkey....lol. He spent 11 days in the NICU. He never really got the hang of breast-feeding and needed increased calorie formula until he was 16 months old so he obviously had some issues gaining weight and still does to some degree. We have also battled numerous ear infection resulting in tubes, but the latter probably has nothing to do with him being a preemie. If you have any other questions please either ask or PM me.
Docs Wife is offline   Reply With Quote