Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Who has pica?

What are you craving? I feel like a crazy person because I want to sniff nail polish remover and eat sponges all day!! I would never do that but the craving is making me crazy!! (My doctor knows about this just an FYI).

Advertisement

Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
miriamleigh
Registered Users

Re: Who has pica?

I don't this time, but I had it BAD with my last pregnancy. I wanted to eat Ajax cleaner (it's like Commet) dirt and sand. I would sit in the sand box at the park with DD1 and salivate. I also chewed ice constantly. Honestly, you could always just chew on a sponge. Just don't swallow LOL!
miriamleigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by miriamleigh
I don't this time, but I had it BAD with my last pregnancy. I wanted to eat Ajax cleaner (it's like Commet) dirt and sand. I would sit in the sand box at the park with DD1 and salivate. I also chewed ice constantly. Honestly, you could always just chew on a sponge. Just don't swallow LOL!
Yes except the sponge I'm craving is a magic eraser! Someone posted a pic of some dyed velour fabric and my mouth started watering. It's so weird!
Old 09-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
Yes except the sponge I'm craving is a magic eraser! Someone posted a pic of some dyed velour fabric and my mouth started watering. It's so weird!
I had PICA with 5 of my pregnancies. Finally after I quit being a vegetarian (after 21 years), I never got it again. My love was certain fabric softeners, lavender EO & ice. The scents I put on a cloth & would sniff. all. day. long. - the ice had to be certain shapes/textures. PICA is crazy!
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Sunflower~*~
I had PICA with 5 of my pregnancies. Finally after I quit being a vegetarian (after 21 years), I never got it again. My love was certain fabric softeners, lavender EO & ice. The scents I put on a cloth & would sniff. all. day. long. - the ice had to be certain shapes/textures. PICA is crazy!
It is so crazy! The craving is so strong!!
Old 09-19-2013, 01:16 AM   #6
baby1577
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Mine has been ice with all 3 of my pregnancies. Today I have had 88oz of ice from Sonic, and now I'm laying in bed wishing I had bought a 3rd cup to have on the nightstand overnight. It's crazy how badly I feel like I need ice!
I am living the dream selling Plexus! Message me for info about a line of products that can help your family achieve overall wellness. Free shipping for all my DS mamas! Join my team today and find financial freedom! I have! http://shea7.myplexusproducts.com
baby1577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #7
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had it bad in my last pregnancy! I craved sonic ice, the smell of gasoline, the oil for my sewing machine, all kinds of crazy stuff. I had about 5 of the Yankee candle leather scented air fresheners in my car. I think I remember reading that it has something to do with being anemic? I was definitely anemic.

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:05 AM   #8
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eracheld
I had it bad in my last pregnancy! I craved sonic ice, the smell of gasoline, the oil for my sewing machine, all kinds of crazy stuff. I had about 5 of the Yankee candle leather scented air fresheners in my car. I think I remember reading that it has something to do with being anemic? I was definitely anemic.
Yup, deficiency if some kind is usually the cause. Mine is anemia as well.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #9
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
With my second pregnancy I had it bad. I craved lemon scented cleaners- Clorox wipes, dawn tabs. To the point that my body why physically start aching for it. I have to just sniff once to get rid of it. I literally felt as if I had no control.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

whoa, you guys. that is just bizarre! i cant imagine.

does having enough iron help relieve it?