Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #11
Jenyquintero17
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel j View Post
You can make your own - I can't remember exact ratios at the moment but I've made them with cocoa powder, honey, and coconut oil! Yum!

Paleo is against soy and soy lecithin is used in most chocolates. It's also against refined sugar, which is also in most chocolates. So that's why paleo would be against regular chocolate chips. A lot of regular chocolate chips also have natural flavor - and who knows what that means. So... I'm not paleo, but personally, I don't usually buy regular chocolate any more either. Paleo is usually okay with dark chocolate - and it does take some getting used to for many people - I never could have eaten it before. But I like it a lot now.

The Enjoy Life ones are okay, but I found them expensive so we haven't gotten them in awhile. You could *probably* just get a fair trade dark chocolate bar that doesn't use soy and break it into chunks. (Probably 70% or higher - I usually get 85% or 90%. )
Online I've been finding them to be around $3 for a 10 oz bag. I so wish I had the convenience of getting them locally :/ oh well I'm so interested in trying them I'll order them!

Advertisement

Jenyquintero17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #12
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Paleo friendly baking chocolate!

Oh, $3 isn't bad. I seem to remember them being $5 locally, here!
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #13
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Paleo friendly baking chocolate!

Quote:
There like $3.50 here a bag but they go on sale to $3 a lot. Not much more than tollhouse chocolate chips. that is at a big box store. The natural food store I think sells them for $5
Old 09-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #14
Jenyquintero17
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I really hope Wal-Mart will start to carry them in their store because they price match and I seriously have no shame in price matching everything haha
Jenyquintero17 is offline   Reply With Quote