Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
littlehands
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Another August Baby!

After much anticipation, Major Alexander joined our family very early on Tuesday morning, August 6. I had been anticipating going into labor for days. I usually wake up early in the morning in labor, so every day that I didn't was just a drag. I was SO done. :P

I was really hoping to go into labor last week, but at my Wednesday appointment, my iron was crazy low. They like it to be 12 or above, or they risk you out to the hospital due to the high chance of postpartum hemorrhage, and it was barely over 10. They put me on an iron building formula, and I started taking that 3 times a day, as well as dumping down the greens and eating steak every single day. (Man, I'm sick of steak. :P) I was retested Friday evening, and my numbers were up all the way to 12.7, which was a huge relief.

I went to bed Monday night at 10ish thinking maybe something was going to happen, but I'd had some pre-labor, which is completely unusual for me, and just didn't dare hope. I woke up a few times to use the restroom and had a few contractions, but kept thinking I'd just sleep as much as I could and see what happened. I woke up at 1 am again, and when I went back to bed, I started being able to track the contractions. I laid in bed for about an hour with contractions about 13 minutes apart, pretty consistently. At about 2, I decided to get up and shower. When I started moving around, they jumped to about 5 minutes apart, so I texted my midwives and support people at about 2:30 and told them to head over. My hubby kept asking me if I wanted him to pump and fill the pool, and I kept putting him off. I finally told him he should go ahead when he reminded me it would take about an hour to finish. By 3 am, most of my team was there. Everyone told me they could tell I was close, but my next shortest labor was 5 hours, so I wasn't really mentally gearing myself up for it. I finally asked to get checked and all she felt was a bag of water and his head. LOL We pretty much determined we weren't going to make it to the pool, which was still too hot, so we got the bed prepped. I labored through one contraction and the bag didn't go, so I had them pop it. They said I only pushed 3 times or so, for maybe 5 minutes total, but it felt like forever. Chloe basically shot out with me holding her back/easing her out, and I had to work for this one. I even had to push his shoulders. He had cord around his neck and mec. staining and needed a bit of oxygen at first, but it was, all-in-all, a perfect, uncomplicated birth. He was born at 3:54 am.

We're doing really well. He's a very calm and sweet baby and everyone is smitten. My older kids are annoyed that I won't let them take him unless I need to do something like shower. LOL I made a huge mistake, however, after having Chloe, and let them take her way too much, which interfered with our bonding process and contributed to some pretty yucky PPD, so I'm determined to avoid that this time. Major just gets to be a mama's boy.

Specs- 8 lbs, 13 oz (my second biggest) and 21.5" long.

Some photos

Advertisement

Old 08-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Another August Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehands View Post
After much anticipation, Major Alexander joined our family very early on Tuesday morning, August 6. I had been anticipating going into labor for days. I usually wake up early in the morning in labor, so every day that I didn't was just a drag. I was SO done. :P

I was really hoping to go into labor last week, but at my Wednesday appointment, my iron was crazy low. They like it to be 12 or above, or they risk you out to the hospital due to the high chance of postpartum hemorrhage, and it was barely over 10. They put me on an iron building formula, and I started taking that 3 times a day, as well as dumping down the greens and eating steak every single day. (Man, I'm sick of steak. :P) I was retested Friday evening, and my numbers were up all the way to 12.7, which was a huge relief.

I went to bed Monday night at 10ish thinking maybe something was going to happen, but I'd had some pre-labor, which is completely unusual for me, and just didn't dare hope. I woke up a few times to use the restroom and had a few contractions, but kept thinking I'd just sleep as much as I could and see what happened. I woke up at 1 am again, and when I went back to bed, I started being able to track the contractions. I laid in bed for about an hour with contractions about 13 minutes apart, pretty consistently. At about 2, I decided to get up and shower. When I started moving around, they jumped to about 5 minutes apart, so I texted my midwives and support people at about 2:30 and told them to head over. My hubby kept asking me if I wanted him to pump and fill the pool, and I kept putting him off. I finally told him he should go ahead when he reminded me it would take about an hour to finish. By 3 am, most of my team was there. Everyone told me they could tell I was close, but my next shortest labor was 5 hours, so I wasn't really mentally gearing myself up for it. I finally asked to get checked and all she felt was a bag of water and his head. LOL We pretty much determined we weren't going to make it to the pool, which was still too hot, so we got the bed prepped. I labored through one contraction and the bag didn't go, so I had them pop it. They said I only pushed 3 times or so, for maybe 5 minutes total, but it felt like forever. Chloe basically shot out with me holding her back/easing her out, and I had to work for this one. I even had to push his shoulders. He had cord around his neck and mec. staining and needed a bit of oxygen at first, but it was, all-in-all, a perfect, uncomplicated birth. He was born at 3:54 am.

We're doing really well. He's a very calm and sweet baby and everyone is smitten. My older kids are annoyed that I won't let them take him unless I need to do something like shower. LOL I made a huge mistake, however, after having Chloe, and let them take her way too much, which interfered with our bonding process and contributed to some pretty yucky PPD, so I'm determined to avoid that this time. Major just gets to be a mama's boy.

Specs- 8 lbs, 13 oz (my second biggest) and 21.5" long.

Some photos
Congrats mama! Glad your L&D went so smoothly and quickly!!!
Old 08-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Congrats sweetie. What a nice fast delivery!

***I know how to write, my iPod does not***
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #4
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Re: Another August Baby!

Congrats ! I will be the same with my new boy, all mine!! lol
Old 08-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
dressagemom
Registered Users