Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2013, 05:56 AM   #11
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My insurance Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida only covers a hand pump or a hospital grade pump while your baby is in the NICU :-\ They are one of the largest providers in Florida. It really stinks!

Advertisement

Old 10-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #12
cuddlebunny_24
Registered Users

Re: Did you get a breastpump through your insurance?

I got one through my insurance after my youngest was born. They had a medical supply company that they worked with online as well as a local one to me. I got my pump from the local supply place because I was in need of it immediately rather than waiting for the one from the online company to ship. Also the one I got at the local medical supply company was able to get me the size flanges that I needed with the pump rather than having to deal with the ones that would come with the pump from the online company. I asked the insurance about the proper size flanges and they replied with well they are one size fits all, and of course I laughed at them. But when I asked the local place the lady set me up with a couple sets that were the proper size and she billed the insurance for them and they paid for them. Also I was able to get a Medela pump which I have always used Medela products and I am very happy with their customer service department since Monday. My pump had issues last week with the suction the first person I talked to said it was an insurance purchase they could not help me but the lady I talked to Monday had a new pump overnighted to me at their cost all I have to do is return the faulty one when I get the label in the mail. Depends on your insurance depends on if they cover the pump. Some insurance policies do not cover it because they are grandfathered in and others do not cover it because it depends on your benefit package that you have. I had to read ours very carefully when we got our insurance, of course I did the research on ours because I have a background in insurance billing so I know what to look for. Anyways also some insurances will only cover the manual pump because it is still considered a breast pump however much of a pain in the hand it might be. lol Hope you get the pump that you want and that the insurance will cover it. My doctor specifically wrote double electric pump due to latch issues. Because my son was so tiny when he was born and he was having a hard time staying latched. He nurses just fine now.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:37 PM   #13
Florida Blue Support Team
Registered Users

juliasmom - My name is Kate and I'm with the Florida Blue social media team. I saw your comment and wanted to let you know that there will be a change in the benefit for breast pumps for many members. Beginning, Oct. 28, 2013, members qualifying for a breast pump should contact CareCentrix at 877-561-9910. Please feel free to contact them (have your member ID handy so they can look up your benefits) at your convenience. I hope this helps!

Last edited by Florida Blue Support Team; 10-17-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Florida Blue Support Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #14
gem898
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Blue Support Team
juliasmom - My name is Kate and I'm with the Florida Blue social media team. I saw your comment and wanted to let you know that there will be a change in the benefit for breast pumps for many members. Beginning, Oct. 28, 2013, members qualifying for a breast pump should contact CareCentrix at 877-561-9910. Please feel free to contact them (have your member ID handy so they can look up your benefits) at your convenience. I hope this helps!
Just wanted to give this a thumbs up! I have Florida blue also
Old 11-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #15
Alexis2007
Registered Users

My DH's work was grandfathered in too. We have Anthem BCBS.
Alexis2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #16
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
My hygeia pump is coming Thursday I don't think it's coming with the bag or storage bag but its better than nothing
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #17
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yes, my insurance covered one and so did dd's(medical necessity since she cant suck) one stopped workinh(dd's) so i called my insurance and got the second. both were overnighted and no issues.
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:59 AM   #18
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Blue Support Team View Post
Wow! That would be awesome! Thanks! :-)
Old 11-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #19
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wasn't going to but I did and I am glad I did.

I got a breast pump 7 years ago (nearly) when my DD was in the hospital and being transferred to the children's hospital. I got it on a Tuesday I think, she was transferred on Wednesday and Friday she died (I had pumped for 5 months prior to that). Needless to say, I didn't use it long and when my living son was born I used it maybe 5 times and that was it.

When I took out my pump for this son, I noticed it was not as powerful as I remembered but I thought that 4 years things are going to change. I still didn't want to get a pump. I figured since my pump wasn't that far off from what I thought was available now, I didn't see the point. It was working, but wasn't perfect.

Then I saw on here someone else getting a pump that had my pump PISA. I started to sniff around and technology has changed a lot in 7 years (big shock there I know). So I started to think that I should get another pump, but I was feeling guilty as I had a pump that was working, albeit not perfect for me. After careful thought, I decided to go for it.

My new pump is the Hygeia with a battery. I this pump! I got it on Thursday and I have used it multiple times a day ever since. I love how light it is. I can easily pump and do other things at the same time. The cry button (that is what I call it) is great. I love being able to customize the settings just for me and where I am in the pumping. Also when I was pumping like this with my PISA, I was sore afterwords. Not terribly but a bit. I thought that was normal. This pump is showing me that it wasn't normal. The battery life on this pump says it is 4 hours long. I have went 1.5 days without charging it and it is still good! Compared to my PISA where I would put in 10 AA batteries and get one good pumping out of it before it wouldn't be strong enough for me to pump!

So if anyone is reading this thread and on the fence about getting a pump, don't be. I had to pay a bit more for my pump then my insurance covered ($90) because of the battery system. However once you have a pump that has this, you will never want to go back!! It is very liberating! Not to mention when ODS suddenly starts doing something that he shouldn't, I can go and fix it without stopping my pumping!

Just thought I would share!
Old 11-19-2013, 02:56 AM   #20
Made_on_Xmas
Registered Users
seller

I got 2 through BCBS.
Made_on_Xmas is offline   Reply With Quote