Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #11
cuddlebunny_24
Registered Users

I have had my medela pump in style advanced for almost 7 months and the motor stopped working and because it was an insurance purchase medela will not do anything for me they want an original sales reciept from a retail store. I have heard great things about ameda though. I am now thinking I should have gone with that pump instead.

Advertisement

Old 10-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #12
bpirof
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuddlebunny_24
I have had my medela pump in style advanced for almost 7 months and the motor stopped working and because it was an insurance purchase medela will not do anything for me they want an original sales reciept from a retail store. I have heard great things about ameda though. I am now thinking I should have gone with that pump instead.
Oh wow I didn't know that about insurance purchases.... That's sucky

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
bpirof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #13
cuddlebunny_24
Registered Users

Thats what they told me when I called them.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #14
coquelicot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
FWIW, I love my Ameda Purely Yours. It makes noise, but it's not obnoxiously loud. And it's quick, producing the output I need in 10 minutes, 15 at most. Been using it 1-2 times per week for about 8 months, and it still works great. I'd say try it, and if you hate it, you can always shop for another one.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #15
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coquelicot View Post
FWIW, I love my Ameda Purely Yours. It makes noise, but it's not obnoxiously loud. And it's quick, producing the output I need in 10 minutes, 15 at most. Been using it 1-2 times per week for about 8 months, and it still works great. I'd say try it, and if you hate it, you can always shop for another one.
As much as I want a medela I think I may just try the ameda ...if I hate it I can run and rent the hospital medela until I can buy my own.

Thanks for the input everyone! Do you guys think it's loud enough for all my co-workers to.easily hear if I'm in my office with the door shut?
Old 10-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #16
PurpleDaffodil
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Insurance Company pumps

Another vote for Ameda, My friend had madela and hated it, switched it for a ameda and recommended it to me. Both me and my sister have it and its great!
Old 10-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #17
mkrisel
Registered Users

I used an Ameda for almost two year (two kids) and it's worked great. It isn't quiet, but your co-workers won't hear with the door closed. If you start to lose suction, change the flanges and check your tubes (one time my developed a crack right where they attached).
mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #18
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrisel View Post
I used an Ameda for almost two year (two kids) and it's worked great. It isn't quiet, but your co-workers won't hear with the door closed. If you start to lose suction, change the flanges and check your tubes (one time my developed a crack right where they attached).
The flanges are the horn things that go up against the breast right? I didn't even know those could go bad
Old 10-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #19
bpirof
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrlgrl105
The flanges are the horn things that go up against the breast right? I didn't even know those could go bad
Yes they are, I think pp was talking about the little white membranes, when they get worn out they need to be replaced, they keep the suction strong, kind of like the medela ones

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
bpirof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #20
sylverstarz17
Registered Users

My Mood:
I also have both an Ameda (free from insurance) and a Medela PIS. I used a Medela with DD but couldn't afford a new one with DS and went with what insurance would give me. I didn't realize how much I actually prefer the Ameda until I found a really good deal on the PIS (new but not in box). Now I'm actually wishing that I didn't waste my $ because when I started using the Medela(at home, I use the Ameda in the car/at work since I don't have a Medela car adapter), I ended up with clogged ducts and decreased supply. I actually did a test and pumped one side with each pump at the same time and got twice as much milk from the Ameda.

It does have a funky sound to it- not really grinding IMO but it does have an electronic beep like sound with every pump. It bothered me when I first started using the pump but I hardly notice it now. I'm a preschool teacher so I have to be accessible even when I pump in case of an emergency- I pump in an empty classroom right by the playground but have to keep the door cracked. Still, no one apparently hears it, and if they do, it's not an odd enough sound that they've found the need to investigate.

Last edited by sylverstarz17; 10-14-2013 at 02:40 AM.
sylverstarz17 is offline   Reply With Quote