Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #11
Powcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Getting things done on bedrest?

So I am now on modified bed rest, I had two days in a row of high bp while at work so I went into L&D and the on call wants me at home resting until I see my Dr. on Tuesday. I am allowed to do small simple things as long as I don't do anything to raise my bp.

My Dr. is also finally signing my intermittent LOA papers so that I wont keep getting into trouble for work for having to miss days like this weekend or go home when it spikes.

Advertisement

Powcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #12
miriamleigh
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powcat View Post
So I am now on modified bed rest, I had two days in a row of high bp while at work so I went into L&D and the on call wants me at home resting until I see my Dr. on Tuesday. I am allowed to do small simple things as long as I don't do anything to raise my bp.

My Dr. is also finally signing my intermittent LOA papers so that I wont keep getting into trouble for work for having to miss days like this weekend or go home when it spikes.
Thank you for the update OP. I hope you can get some rest without losing your mind! How far along are you?
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #13
Powcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by miriamleigh View Post

Thank you for the update OP. I hope you can get some rest without losing your mind! How far along are you?
I will be 34 weeks tomorrow. It isn't the losing my mind that concerns me, it is the what is there to eat that isn't going to be super high in sodium/ bad for me, but is still simple to make. I guess I do go stir crazy sometimes but I have an appointment in town on Monday after one at the house. Should be fun, than the ob Tuesday afternoon. Sounds like a busy few days "off."
Old 11-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #14
Powcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Had my 34 week appointment today. I am on modified bed rest, for the next 5.5 weeks. The most strenuous thing I am allowed to do is go to the Y and walk laps in the pool. That should help when I really start going stir crazy.
My ILs are out of town for at least another week, and than in and out of town a few more times before Thanksgiving. I don't have to worry about cooking that though his family normally does something, and I am sure they will understand if I don't bring fruit-salad or raman-salad this year. As for my Mom she might head over a week sooner than originally planned but that is going to be a bit of a pinch as that is the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
I have a growth scan on the 18th.
But my biggest concern is what are some simple dinners that do not require a lot of prep. I am not too worried about breakfasts or lunches I can eat whatever for those but I like having something meal-like for dinner. H works midnight-8am so he is normally asleep all afternoon, and while he might make something up before bed that is normally around lunch time for me. So what can I do that doesn't require me to go poke it every few minutes?
My mom and I have come up with quesadillas, scrambled eggs, one pot pasta (love pinterest), chili, pot roast (not my favorite), beef stew, stir fry, other soups, stuffed pasta shells, other pasta dishes. I am thinking I could convince my H to make up a bunch of waffles and I could freeze them and eat them as I want them (homemade eggo...)
H has a large standing freezer that is out at an uncles place but is going to work on moving it into the garage so I can throw some leftovers into freezer meals so I won't be to upset if the ideas you give me would normally feed 12.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:58 AM   #15
miriamleigh
Registered Users

OP do you need to eat "dinner"? Why not just eat snacks all day. I have GD and am on so many dietary restrictions that I don't eat meals. I do prepare dinner for my children and husband, but I just eat a few spoonfuls of peanut butter.
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #16
terrordactyl
Registered Users
seller

Get a crock pot
terrordactyl is offline   Reply With Quote