Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #11
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Should we report to the teacher? update added

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage View Post
Obviously, it isn't bothering your daughter too much. But, I think letting the teacher know can't hurt...even if you don't know the kid's name, I bet the teacher will know exactly who you mean. It's probably not the first issue she's heard about it.

As far as supervision, they aren't three year olds. The teachers are out there in case something comes up, not to police their play. But, if they know who to watch more closely, they can step in when he gets too rowdy.

He might not be a "bully", but he's being jerky, and that isn't O.K either...he needs to learn boundaries, and shoving kids to the ground is not OK. He's old enough to know that.

Avoid calling him a bully, and use "He's too rough" instead. Just in case he's never been taught social skills at home...maybe this is how he gets treated by older brothers at home, so he's asserting himself at school.
I wasn't concerned about supervision thats bf 1's mom. We're not calling him a bully. I am not entirely convinced that he is. We told- well I did, dh wanted to report it right away- dd to tell him if he pushed her again that it is not ok and she needed to tell him its not ok, that she doesn't play like that and that if he does it again she will tell the teacher. But bf 2's mom already contacted the school so i am not sure if he did anything to her or if its based on him pushing dd. DD's teacher (a different teacher from the boy and both bfs) was already aware of the situation when I emailed her so bf 2's mom told the asst. principle when she called about it. the teacher also said he has been talked to already this morning (before my email to her) about the playground incidences- plural, I only referred to it as a incident so i think something else must have happened that I don't know about.

Advertisement

Last edited by jbug_4; 10-28-2013 at 09:53 AM.
jbug_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #12
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids View Post
I tend to agree with this. It sounds like he was a bit rough with your daughter, but that she wouldn't have even thought it worth bringing up if it weren't for the unrelated scratch. As for the other girls dating not to play with boys, that could just be an age/cooties thing and have nothing to do with how rough the boy was.

I take bullying very seriously. However, I think it is the new PC catch phrase and is WAY overused.

Perhaps this boy has a crush on your daughter or is just a little stronger than he realizes. It doesn't hurt to let the teacher know, but at this point with the info related to your DD and the boy, I don't see anything horrible
DD doesn't bring anything up, ever. She had hives at school and didn't bring it up. Once its past its past with her. My first thought was a crush too since the boy hangs out with her "boyfriends" from last year. 2nd thought was dd was bugging him and he didn't know how to tell her to leave him alone. I told the teacher that too in my email. That we don't know what happened and dd very well could have been bothering him and that is how he responded. I am not convinced it wasn't more than playing but someone else already reported it. I didn't want him to get in trouble for just inappropriate play.

Last edited by jbug_4; 10-28-2013 at 10:00 AM.
jbug_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #13
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am glad we reported it now. bf 2 was balling while leaving school today so I asked her dad what's been going on. bf 2 said that he stole her pencil today but the teacher couldn't find it and said that he didn't. And that she was being a bully by accusing him (I am going to assume this an hysterical 6 year olds take and not what the teacher actually said). Turns out the boy likes bf 2. bf 2 said she told him that she doesn't like him like that and he is mad so he keeps hitting her. He has been hitting and kicking her for weeks, which is why she no longer wants to go to school. They talked to the teacher about it during conferences on the 3rd and were told that he has a crush on her. bf 2 is being told the same thing when she tells. So apparently the teacher has been blowing it off as a crush rather than putting an end to it- its happening in the classroom as well as on the playground. I told bf 2 that we talked to our dd's teacher too and she told us that the vice principal spoke to him this morning after her mom called so hopefully it will stop. Not about dd but about whatever he has done to bf 2 recently. I am glad we reported it now if bf 2's teacher is blowing it off. Hopefully it will be taken seriously and not as us ganging up on him since they are friends.

I have told dd that if she sees him or anyone else hitting her pushing her friends she needs to tell the teacher and us. She said she was going to ignore him and I told her not to. If he is being mean then she needs to tell otherwise she didn't need to ignore him or be mean. Just make sure that if her bf is crying that she tell her its going to be ok and make sure a teacher knows.