Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #11
Txladybug
Registered Users

Re: Which are the "Tried and True" NB diapers?

Prefolds and covers were my favorite. I slightly preferred rumparooz newborn over thirsties size 1, but loved both!

I also really liked thirsties duo pockets and lil joeys. AIO simplex weren't my favorite because my little guy had skinny legs for a long time and they would leak poo. Once his legs were chunky enough for the legs to not leak, he had outgrown the absorbency.

I also didn't like KL0s.

Advertisement

Txladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #12
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightblonde View Post
See I hated the duos on my nb they leaked. No other cover did. I do have some old kl0 that I like though
Sorry! Yeah, I knew I should hide if I didn't pick KL0, lol. Forgive me. Are they still pretty popular? Honestly, if I had stash of them I could really enjoy them. I just wouldn't choose them over the Sandys because of how they were not very absorbent for us. I wonder what mamas think of the new ones?

Have you heard of a lot of other people who had leaks from the Thirsties Duos on their newborns? Were you using snaps or Aplix? Were the covers still in great shape? Was it just a fit issue? Which other covers do mamas seem to love on NBs?

Last edited by MamaJoyful; 10-25-2013 at 09:18 AM.
MamaJoyful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #13
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJoyful View Post

Sorry! Yeah, I knew I should hide if I didn't pick KL0, lol. Forgive me. Are they still pretty popular? Honestly, if I had stash of them I could really enjoy them. I just wouldn't choose them over the Sandys because of how they were not very absorbent for us. I wonder what mamas think of the new ones?

Have you heard of a lot of other people who had leaks from the Thirsties Duos on their newborns? Were you using snaps or Aplix? Were the covers still in great shape? Was it just a fit issue? Which other covers do mamas seem to love on NBs?
No need to hide, I got them cheap and used them on one nb. I'll use them again in march and sell them I'm sure there are better, more absorbent fitteds but kl0 worked fine for us.

I used Velcro, bought new. They fit fine. I've never had a problem with anything else. I still have 6 nb bummis so I'll use those again. They never leaked ever. I think I'm also going to add a small super snap, a simply lite and a couple of sweet peas covers.

I have 12 kl0, 24 orange edge, 20 yellow, 16 small flats, 8 thx & 6 happy flute aios. Most was bought slowly on sale before my 18 month old was born.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #14
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

The kl0 were pretty bulky but oh so squishy!

ForumRunner_20131025_115153.jpg

ForumRunner_20131025_115207.jpg
Old 10-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #15
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, my! Look how tiny and new! I love those *first diaper* pics. Soooo precious. She is beautiful! The diapers do look super soft too!
Old 10-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #16
sunlightmlp
Registered Users

Personally, I loved GMD newborn workhorses the best. I used the Thirsties Duo cover, the Capri size 1 cover, and a Weehuggers size 1 (my favorite were the Thirsties followed closely by the Capri). If I could go back, I'd try a Bummis cover, too. I liked KL0's as well. I also used Tinyg's with GMD prefolds; they were good, but they weren't my favorite. I tried the Thirsties Duo pocket; it was the one thing that always leaked for me. Never could figure out why.
sunlightmlp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #17
HappiMom
Registered Users
seller

I'm loving simplex AIOs. DH loves workhorses, but I wish I would have bought Bummis covers. My son fits his size small Bummis now and I wish I has them in newborn size
Old 10-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #18
peep_erz
Registered Users
seller

I used Swaddlebees Simplex AIO's, Lil JOeys, and Imagine NB AIO's. I loved the simplex and imagine's. The Lil Joeys I liked for the first 2 weeks and then she could out pee them. For my next baby (if there is a next baby) I am switching to simplex and imagines only. No more lil Joeys.
peep_erz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #19
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

sunlightmlp, how long did the WH fit? Do you know approx how big your baby was when they were outgrown?
Old 10-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #20
Chichidc
Registered Users
seller

I love my lil joeys and BG NB XS diapers. So easy to use and so trim under tiny baby clothes! Also really like the kissalove fitteds with a rumparooz cover, but the second my LO is wet in those I hear about it!
Chichidc is offline   Reply With Quote