Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

1st Crush

My 8 year old is knee deep in her first crush. It makes me a little sad, but it is SO cute at the same time. He is 24 year old gymnastics coach. At least she had good taste. He is beautiful and if I wasn't married and old enough to be his mom ....

I just have to spend a little time reminding her that he is a grown up and her coach and that she needs to stop batting her eyes and focus on her gymnastics. Lol

She has no idea she has a crush. She just follows him around like a puppy dog and hangs on his every word. So far it is working well for her gymnastics because she works hard to follow his instructions and is improving beautifully.

Advertisement

Last edited by z2akids; 10-26-2013 at 07:56 PM.
z2akids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

That is so sweet but also sad cause it makes you realize she's growing up. Awe puppy love is so adorable. My dd is just 2 so I have a while before her crushes start (I hope)!
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Re: 1st Crush

It is starting much sooner than I expected with her. Neither of the boys had yet shown any sign of a crush and they address 10 and 12.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:14 AM   #4
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ds (4) has a crush on one of his Sunday school teachers (16yr old HS girl). He gets all doe eyed when he sees her and follows her anywhere. He's going through an 'I don't want to leave mama' stage and it usually takes work to get him to stay at school or sunday school but the week this girl teaches he goes running right in. She has piano lessons after dd1 and he gets so excited to see her when she walks by the car. It's so funny to watch him. He's 4 so I'm sure it will go away as fast as it started.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

So cute.

I hope my DD gets over hers quickly. I doubt it though since she sees him 3-4 times a week and will until at least June
Old 10-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #6
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilannies mama
That is so sweet but also sad cause it makes you realize she's growing up. Awe puppy love is so adorable. My dd is just 2 so I have a while before her crushes start (I hope)!
Don't be so sure. Dd is 27 months and very early has a crush on my good friends husband. Their dd is her playmate so we see them all the time and she blushes and becomes silly and excited whenever he says hello to her. We get quite the kick out if it.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #7
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt

Don't be so sure. Dd is 27 months and very early has a crush on my good friends husband. Their dd is her playmate so we see them all the time and she blushes and becomes silly and excited whenever he says hello to her. We get quite the kick out if it.
I think that is common with most toddlers and isn't a crush. My boys did that too at that age
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #8
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennTheMomma
I think that is common with most toddlers and isn't a crush. My boys did that too at that age
So what is it? She isn't this way towards anyone else...

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #9
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tharen had a crush last year on a little girl close to his age. He was so crazy about her. It was so funny because he had known her for quite a while (her family skates at the same rink we do, he saw her every week) but one night it was like he had just met her for the first time and he couldn't take his eyes off of her. Tharen is an excellent skater but she is better than him and in a different style (he is all derby and she and her family do artistic skating). All I heard about for weeks was "S is such a wonderful skater, did you see how S did that." One of his older friends was dating S's big sister and he would follow him around and talk to him it was just so funny. It was actually really good for his skating, he tried to get better to impress her. He was shy with her though, he wouldn't actually just talk to her. We wound up really busy over the summer and missed skating for a while so things sort of died down. I don't know how he would feel if he saw her now.

He went through a similar obsession with his derby coach/"best friend". For almost a full year all I heard was "Magnum said" or "Magnum did" all day and night. He would do anything if Magnum told him to or if Magnum did it first. He didn't care how early we had to get up to be somewhere if Magnum was going to be there and he didn't care how hard he had to work if Magnum was watching or encouraging him. He can still tell me almost everything Magnum ever told him word for word. The big difference was that he was not shy at all with Magnum. He would hop out of the van and take of running looking for him. We did convince him that he had to ask before hugging. It was hilarious to see Magnum walking down the line addressing the team with Tharen hanging off his hand or in the middle running practice with Tharen next to him blowing a whistle. He has never really gotten over Magnum retiring (he is our age, he just wanted to spend more time with his daughter). We promised we would try to have a playdate.

He has a bit of a crush right now on one of his "team mate's" girlfriend. He will sort of bat his eyes at her and he loves to point her out in pictures of her derby team. When she shows up to practice with the guys she always stops to talk to him and he puts on his best cute voice and tells her that he likes her.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #10
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
So what is it? She isn't this way towards anyone else...
I think it's just a natural reaction towards certain people. My kids were like that towards some people and not to others. Even at their ages now they can get like that. A crush to me implies that they know they like someone, they are in puppy love and/or smitten. Toddlers don't know what that is, and it's more like a reaction towards certain personalities.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote