Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #11
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I do but I think its because dh and I have 2 girls. He does have a v as well.

Advertisement

Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #12
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Will I ever feel like I am done having children?

I think everyone reaches that point. I know I'll never stop having those pangs when I see a new baby, and occasionally I daydream about another baby, but most of the time, I'm so happy that DD2 is getting out of the baby stage, that the baby stuff is leaving my house, and that I'm moving on to the next stage of parenting. I'd like to be past naps and strollers and diapers and into other things. You will know. I wasn't that sure during those first few post partum months with DD2, but the longer I went out from her birth the more sure I've become. With DD1 I was bawling in the grocery store when I realized that DD1 wasn't a baby anymore. With DD2, I'm gleefully handing off bags of DD2's handmedowns to a playgroup mommy who was pregnant - she just had her baby on Friday and I'm dying to meet her. So happy to ditch the maternity clothes and nursing paraphanalia.

I will admit to missing nursing a little bit. DD2 took a freak out last night, and I was thinking while it took her a while to settle about how much easier that it would be if we were still nursing and I could just lie her down next to me and nurse her until she calmed down. But no, I don't really miss it to the point that I want another, I miss some simpler times.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #13
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I really wanted number four for while. From about the time DD2 was 9 months old til about when she turned 2. We had planned everything out for number 4.

But...then we took a couple fun trips, my work schedule got crazy, DD1 started violin, DS and DD1 started bowling, and DD2 became mostly potty trained. And now, I know we are done. We went on a cruise. 4 kids means two cabins, while 3 kids we can be in one. And, if I am truly honest, DH and I are tired. We are stressed from 6, 4, and 2, and one more is only going to add to the high level of stress we already have. We want our kids to play instruments, and travel, and do sports, and there are only so many hours in the day to sit and do homework with each child. DD1's first grade homework plus violin practice takes us an hour each night. Multiply that times 4, and there just isn't enough time to give each one the one-on-one that I feel like they need for violin and homework.

So...I am completely happy to be done. I get sad when I see my bucket of maternity clothes, and when I shopped for a friend's baby shower to know I will never buy tiny outfits again for my family. But then I took DD1 to karate, and this last week cruised with the fam in the Bahamas...and I know I am making the right decision for us. I am done building my family, and now am excited to just concentrate on raising my family.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 10-27-2013 at 09:57 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:44 PM   #14
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by megenic View Post
I don't have any desire whatsoever to hold other peoples babies. When I'm with a group of moms and the talk turns to anything baby related my eyes glaze over and I lose all interest. I love the big kid stage and realize I am 100% happy to be done with babies.

I realize not everyone has such definite feelings of doneness and for a lot of people maybe they never go away. But for me, those feelings are completely gone, so yes, it is possible :-)
I haven't wanted to hold anyone else's baby since my #1 was born.

As for the being done. I just know I am. I am a little jealous of pregnancies because I enjoyed mine. But the new baby part? No thanks
Old 10-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #15
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

We're opting not to have any more because of medical issues as well.

It was really hard at first, and I do feel sad that ds is my last baby, but it's the right thing to do. I'm not putting my life at risk, but theirs, and that feels very unfair to them, to take the risk, I mean. I have 4 beautiful, healthy children, and I count my blessings.

We bought a 5 bedroom house, and dh is going in for the V. And with time I have come to feel peace with it, and feel like my family is complete. But it is bittersweet. The last year has flown by, and ds is getting so big now. But I am lucky to have such a great family.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #16
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
We too are done because of medical issues. And as hard as it is I have to be at peace with it.

Dh got his v when ds2 was 4 weeks. He had his pre op 8 hours after he was born.

I'm sad that my baby making days are over but I'm ready to move on to the next chapter in our lives. And cherishing all the moments and not thinking about what could have been if we did have more.

***I know how to write, my iPod does not***
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #17
catilina
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaof2cuties4ever
Okay, what if you WANT another one but dont think you can have one I just dont know if I physically can handle it with all the heart medication adjustments and issues I have... So this is probably it and I just dont want it to be... I have no desire to adopt/foster (dont know why, just not me).
This is where I am. I have two and I so *desperately* want more, but I just don't think it's in the cards for us. Our family can't handle another. My son demands SO much from us that I think having a third would just push our whole family over the edge. It would definitely push him over the edge. I don't know if i will ever come to terms with it, but it is what is it. My mothering experience is not what I expected it to be, and neither are the dynamics of my family, and I mourn that. I don't know if I will ever feel like I am done having babies or if I will ever get over the sadness and longing for more.

i'm a bloggin' mama! Your Fire, Your Soul
catilina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #18
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries416 View Post
I'm due with #3 in April and I am beyond done! I've had 2 high needs/non-sleeping babies. This pregnancy has been my hardest yet. My 3 yr old doesn't sleep through the night yet and we spend a lot if time addressing his speech delay. I'm tired! I'm an only child and giving my kids siblings was very important to me. Im sure I'll want another baby, but it's not going to happen! I've been nursing for 5 years straight and that has taken it's toll on my body. I've got another 2-3 years at least with this baby.
Very similar to this except mine are 5 & 1.5. I'm due in March & done, done, done. Dp is getting a v.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #19
Leighleighbuggy
Registered Users
seller

I would love to have another baby, but I feel like it would take away too much from my three boys. There are only so many hours in each day, and I have a middle son with a speech delay who has therapy and I want to be able to go with the boys on field trips and things of that sort. Also, there is only so much money to go around as well. I don't want my boys to be spoiled, but I want to be able to help them with their first car/college etc, just like my parents helped me. I was at a family party this weekend and my cousin has a newbie and I felt a lot of sadness that I will never have another, but I know it is the right choice for our family.
Leighleighbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #20
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

In my opinion - YES!

With 1-3, I knew there would be another, without a doubt. When pregnant with #4 the "I'm done" feeling was loud, clear, and filled with peace. After he was born, I had some fleeting pangs about what if but not really I want if that makes sense. Now, I can hold the sweetest smelling sleeping newborn and hand it right back without a trace of uterine twinge.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is offline   Reply With Quote