Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
He talks all the time..

I love his sweet voice but sometimes I just need silence for a couple minutes! He's 4, he basically starts talking the moment he's awake and doesn't stop. Haha.

This mom needs a mental moment of quiet

Advertisement

Old 10-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My almost 6 year old is the same way. It gets old really quickly.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: He talks all the time..

My almost 4 year old has now started asking asking me "what did you say?" anytime I say anything to him, dh, my mom, on the phone. And i have to address him because if I don't he just starts "mommy, mommy, what did you say? mommy mommy mommy mommy....."

The other night he said "its almost night time" I responded "yep buddy it is" he then responded "what did you say? mommy? mommy? Mommy? what did you say? huh? mommy? its almost night time, mommy. what did you say?"
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
glad I'm not alone!!
Old 10-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
MsGiggles
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm slightly introverted and there are times where the mere volume/length of chatting from my kids COMPLETELY drains me. Mine are only 1 & 3 - I know it's going to get worse before it gets better!
Old 10-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #6
ktarsha
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, goodness, yes! My 7-year-old will talk at length about the minute details of things that bore me to tears (currently it's Pokemon with a side of Legos and Ninjago). My almost-3-year-old is in the stage where he repeats everything a zillion times: "Want watch 'Star Wars! Want watch 'Star Wars! Watch 'Star Wars?" (Of course, he's been in speech therapy for about six months and I'm beyond thrilled at his progress, but geez!) I'm a huge introvert, and when they're both home and talking at the same time, I feel like my head will explode.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

My 15 yr old started this at 3 and he's still going strong. Taking him to the store is soooo hard because he talks constantly and its so distracting. If I try to walk away he follows me. After so many years we give him a really hard time about it and he knows he talks our ears off and he tries but its just sort of part of who he is. Still I have to pretty blunt and rude sometimes to get the message across that mom needs QUIET! Hopefully for you mamas' sakes yours grows out of it.
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #8
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

Ah yes...so far DD1 & DD2 are both motor mouths. DD1 even got a 2 min detention twice in grade one for talking when she should not have been. When DH asked her why she could not stop she said "because that's just the way I'm made!". Is it wrong that some small part of me hopes DD3 is the strong, silent type?? I am totally an introvert and between the kids and DH I am exhausted by days end.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #9
Mommy2Be08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We have a just turned 5 year old, a soon to be 4 yr old ( in a week) a 27 month old and a 9 month old. All boys. There is never silence. My husband don't even talk at dinner somedays because we get a play by play from everyone else.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using DS Forum
Jocelyne mommy 4 beautiful boys! Baby#5 Due August 2014 I'm Shaving my head to conquer childhood cancer! http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ge/675375/2014
Mommy2Be08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #10
risata
Registered Users
seller

DD1 has always been a motormouth, even before she could talk. She would babble constantly. I had complete strangers in a store or wherever tell me, "You're going to have a talker!"

When I was pregnant with DD2 we would joke that she was never going to learn how to talk because she'd never get the opportunity. Well, we were wrong. She talks almost as much as her sister. BUT ... hallelujah, they mostly talk to each other!

When I feel overwhelmed by their words I try to remember to be thankful that they CAN talk. If that doesn't work I turn on the t.v.

Child #3 will probably be a boy who only makes "vroom, vroom" noises and who will have me worried about his lack of speech.