Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

DS1 has always loved socks on his feet, but DS2 yanks them off instantly. With colder weather starting, I am trying to figure how how bad it is to have bare feet going into stores and outings (indoor that is). He's still in his bucket but I usually ergo carry him so a blanket isn't always an option.

For babies who yank off socks, do the robeeze or something similar stay on better or do they usually just yank those off too? I also saw that Carter's has robeeze style shoes, are those as nice as the name brand ones?

Sometimes he's in a footie sleeper type thing but usually not for outings. He is 6 mo.

Advertisement

Old 10-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Socks vs robeeze type shoes

Buy some Fussy Boy booties. They have a toggle you can tighten so babies can't pull them off.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We used Robeez in the winter on non mobile babies, crawlers and early walkers. They do keep the socks from being pulled off. My kids also liked to chew on their socks which got their feet all wet, and the Robeez kept their feet warm and dry. We only had the Robeez brand, but I have friends who like the Target generic version.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #4
mommyfrog
Registered Users

I'm not sure what the deal is in the US, but most people think I'm crazy for saying this....get some thick tights in plain colors like navy, black, or white and put them under his pants. They can't pull them off and most people never notice they aren't socks. Plus they give a little extra warmth in the winter. I've done this with all my boys, and girls, through their toddler years until they start school. Then the boys will usually wear cotton knit pajama pants under their jeans when it's really cold out. Girls will still wear tights.

I usually put the Robeez on over the tights.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)

Last edited by mommyfrog; 10-28-2013 at 02:03 PM.
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #5
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nate rips Robeez right off. And then his socks.

Maybe something like skidders or whatever they are called? The ones that are basically socks with rubber soles. They look taller in the ankle part and might be harder to pull off.

Mom to Joey (Feb 2010) and Nate (Mar 2013)
Old 10-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

We used socks and Robeez on our youngest in Alaska, and that worked well. We did the actual Robeeze brand, so I can't compare to other brands.

ETA: We had the Robeeze that had velcro and a pair of their boots. YDD couldn't get those off. Not sure about the regular ones.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #7
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyfrog
I'm not sure what the deal is in the US, but most people think I'm crazy for saying this....get some thick tights in plain colors like navy, black, or white and put them under his pants. They can't pull them off and most people never notice they aren't socks. Plus they give a little extra warmth in the winter. I've done this with all my boys, and girls, through their toddler years until they start school. Then the boys will usually wear cotton knit pajama pants under their jeans when it's really cold out. Girls will still wear tights.

I wouldn't really have an issue with tights, but as this is only for walks into buildings I am not looking for extra warmth, he is usually in the ergo and gets hot easily in there. That is a good suggestion otherwise though!
Old 10-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

Lulu HATES socks, the first one is off before I get the second one on. She doesn't mind Robbies, mostly because she can't get them off so she stopped trying. We have also tried Skidders, but those also just pop right off. We like Robbies, Joe Fresh, and Slip-purrs. The only ones we didn't like were generic ones off Ebay.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:07 PM   #9
ashleyo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have knit "stay-on booties" (that's the pattern name) if you knit or know someone who does. They tie on and they really do STAY!
Old 10-29-2013, 05:54 AM   #10
sunnyllama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyfrog View Post

Haha! I feel you here We are Romanian and this was a natural clothing choice for us ever since dd was born. People always comment on it and I dont understand why?! I will also say that I have found it very difficult to find good winter knit tights to buy, its mostly only the dressy nylon ones

OP, I use the cheapo Target "robeez" and I think they work well. Real Robees have better styles, of course, and to me they feel thicker and of better quality, but I dont think baby can tell the difference
sunnyllama is offline   Reply With Quote