Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #11
Magda123
Registered Users

Re: SoftBums lovers, come on in!!!

So I got some softbums at a 2ndhand store the other week and I've loved loved loved them thus far. However, I'm not sure if they fit my DS right...they seem to be leaving a small round bruise right (about) where the size slider is. Any suggestions to stop this? I really want to keep these...but so sad they may be hurting DS. I've been CDing for 3.5 years now.

Advertisement

Magda123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:26 AM   #12
ashleyg103
Registered Users

What is the difference between the echo and omni? And can they be used as a shell with pad folded prefolds and flats? Looking to add some girly one size covers for after the new baby grows out of newborn covers and soft bums look really nice!
ashleyg103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #13
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyg103 View Post
What is the difference between the echo and omni? And can they be used as a shell with pad folded prefolds and flats? Looking to add some girly one size covers for after the new baby grows out of newborn covers and soft bums look really nice!
SoftBums are great. Omni is a pocket plus it is a bit wider. Echo is a shell with a snap. Omni can be used like an Echo. Echo can't be used as a pocket. Both can be used with prefolds & flats. HTH.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #14
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yup I'm a fan(; The only one size diaper I truly recommend from birth that can fit tiny babies through potty training.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #15
keithmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm so glad to see this thread!! I just bought my first softbums today from my local cd store. I can't wait to try it.

Last edited by keithmommy; 11-18-2013 at 05:48 PM.
keithmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #16
sleepingrozy
Registered Users
seller

Has anyone tried the snaps version of the softbums? Everything I find talks about the velcro version, but I more of a snaps fan usually.
sleepingrozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #17
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magda123 View Post
So I got some softbums at a 2ndhand store the other week and I've loved loved loved them thus far. However, I'm not sure if they fit my DS right...they seem to be leaving a small round bruise right (about) where the size slider is. Any suggestions to stop this? I really want to keep these...but so sad they may be hurting DS. I've been CDing for 3.5 years now.
Oh Magda, they definitely shouldn't be doing that. Is the pod high enough in the front maybe? The toggles really shouldn't be that hard pressed against the baby. You want the pod to be high in the front and then bring the shell over it and secure the pod in place by "pinning" it with the tabs (so the pod should be coming up most of the way up the aplix strip in the front). If it is hard to get the waist smooth and snug, it could be that the legs are too tight (if the legs are too tight, it prevents the waist from getting a good fit as well). You'll want the legs loose enough so you can get a finger in easy and the wings on the front should clear the top of the thigh going around the waist.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:27 PM   #18
Sabmoo11
Registered Users
seller

I wanna say it was your thread that got me interested too!
I have 7 htf prints on the way that I didn't pay too much for so I'm happy about that! There's no comparison for how buttery soft they are and how well they fit my 13 pound 12 weeker.
Sabmoo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #19
nachoslyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Which POD would you say works best with these? We are leaning towards getting either 1 or 2 softbum covers to try out. I remember trying out the omni when DS was tiny and was not a fan of how wide it was nor of the pocket option. Im hoping the echo will be what we need for sitters etc.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #20
Sabmoo11
Registered Users
seller

The bamboo is incredible, I wish I had undies made out of it! The mini is perfect for newborns but right now at 3 months the large bamboo is working amazingly. I just got the bamboo super pod to try, I'm sure it's perfect too. They're ridiculously absorbent!
Sabmoo11 is offline   Reply With Quote