Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #21
IslandLiving
Registered Users
seller

Re: SoftBums lovers, come on in!!!

Question for you other softbums users. We use them exclusively and love them, but I have some pod questions. Our bamboo super pods are wonderful and super absorbent, they get us through the night no problem, but back when I prepped them, the ends curled over pretty tightly. That means that there's a ridge right at the small of my daughters back and right where she sits the way it's tucked back. Has that happened to anybody else? I want to get some trimmer pods for daytime use, and am trying to decide between the microfiber and the bamboo large pods. Are the bamboo large pods similar to the super pods, or the much thinner bamboo mini pods? And do they curl up at the edges when prepped? Thanks for the help!

Advertisement

IslandLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #22
missbrea
Registered Users
seller

I have one Softbums cover that I love in most ways and I am considering getting more in the future; however I had two problems. One is that the toggles kept sliding into the channels when washed. I fixed that by sewing the tops of the channels narrower. The other problem is that I've had a couple leaks, I think out along the top elastic somehow. I don't know if I'm arranging the pod wrong. My four week old son managed to leak onto my husband today, which hasn't really happened with any other diapers. I was using the standard sized microfiber pod snapped in and folded down at the top.
missbrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #23
Sabmoo11
Registered Users
seller

I've been on a stint of gathering older prints and have managed to snag firecracker, cowies, later gator, lilac, and my unicorn diaper Peace-a-Phants!! Still loving the double loop large bamboo pods and we're just starting with bamboo supers at 14 weeks. I love Softbums-it helps I'm Minnesotan.
Sabmoo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #24
Sabmoo11
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandLiving View Post
Question for you other softbums users. We use them exclusively and love them, but I have some pod questions. Our bamboo super pods are wonderful and super absorbent, they get us through the night no problem, but back when I prepped them, the ends curled over pretty tightly. That means that there's a ridge right at the small of my daughters back and right where she sits the way it's tucked back. Has that happened to anybody else? I want to get some trimmer pods for daytime use, and am trying to decide between the microfiber and the bamboo large pods. Are the bamboo large pods similar to the super pods, or the much thinner bamboo mini pods? And do they curl up at the edges when prepped? Thanks for the help!
My only issue with the bamboo pods is the bunching edges! It's such a bummer. I always wonder why they don't secure the layers better with some sort of quilting.
Sabmoo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #25
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabmoo11 View Post
I've been on a stint of gathering older prints and have managed to snag firecracker, cowies, later gator, lilac, and my unicorn diaper Peace-a-Phants!! Still loving the double loop large bamboo pods and we're just starting with bamboo supers at 14 weeks. I love Softbums-it helps I'm Minnesotan.
Do HTF SoftBums still go for a lot? I remember when you could buy those easily from retailers.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #26
Terra76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by P!nkPepper View Post
Do HTF SoftBums still go for a lot? I remember when you could buy those easily from retailers.
Yep, many times used oop shells go WELL over retail! I just saw a snapping Later gator listed at $75.00

I won't say I have the softbums love yet but I am giving them a try again...well at least the covers/shells. I have a getting to gnome you and a panda buns otw. I am a sucker for cute prints I am planning to use them with my flats.
Terra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #27
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra76 View Post

Yep, many times used oop shells go WELL over retail! I just saw a snapping Later gator listed at $75.00

I won't say I have the softbums love yet but I am giving them a try again...well at least the covers/shells. I have a getting to gnome you and a panda buns otw. I am a sucker for cute prints I am planning to use them with my flats.
I wasn't sure if they still went for a lot. When I sold mine off, the HTFs were going for less. Newbies weren't paying much for them.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #28
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I wasn't sure if they still went for a lot. When I sold mine off, the HTFs were going for less. Newbies weren't paying much for them.
YES! I saw a few go for in the $200-$300 range last week although I think these were NIP but still older CBs.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #29
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24 View Post

YES! I saw a few go for in the $200-$300 range last week although I think these were NIP but still older CBs.
OMG! Which ones?
Old 12-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #30
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
OMG! Which ones?
I didn't really pay much attention to the print. I want to say one was a red robot, but I'm not entirely sure.