Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #11
revolekim
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: If you don't find out the gender...

I love the unusual GN colors, and I love the buy GN pajamas and wait on other stuff ideas! I have two boys and a girl so I SHOULD be set, but I wasn't expecting another baby so soon and I was planning to be able to go all out and buy whatever we wanted so I *just* got rid of all my girl stuff and most of my boy stuff. Oh well. It's an excuse to shop!

Advertisement

Liz , wife to Mike and semi-crunchy mama to 4 little ones: Gehrig the Jedi Knight (04/08), Logan a.k.a. "Pigpen" (06/10), princess pumpkin Katie Rose (10/12), and chipmunk Lexi (06/14)
::::::
revolekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #12
danimdel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My new baby girl we were on team green and I didn't buy anything. Just had all of our girl and boy stuff clean and already had some gn stuff. Everything I knit was gn too, but but not the typical colors. Oh and dipes are all gn too. Now that she is here I don't regret not buying...she's adorable no matter what she is wearing!
Old 11-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #13
Mama2LilBug
Registered Users

We were Team Green with DD and this one (we get to find out on the 14th!!!YAY!). With DD, we never registered for clothes, just equipment/other stuff. We went with lots of grays for equipment and I made the crib set/nursery decor. For clothes, we received lots at our shower, mostly whites, greens, and yellows. We'll wind up using that stuff for about the first 2-3 months (we were given a LOT of clothes) if it's a boy, and that'll give us plenty of time to get more gender specific clothing. If it's a girl, we're literally set until the baby is DD's age (we never got rid of anything… and were given so much girl clothing). I'm actually hoping it's another girl; we pulled out all the NB-12month stuff and there were so many cute outfits that I totally wanted to see on the new baby!
Lindsey, wife to Pilot J & mama to K (11/12/10), expecting #2 (11/14/13)!
Mama2LilBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #14
Mama2LilBug
Registered Users

We were Team Green with DD and this one (we get to find out on the 14th!!!YAY!). With DD, we never registered for clothes, just equipment/other stuff. We went with lots of grays for equipment and I made the crib set/nursery decor. For clothes, we received lots at our shower, mostly whites, greens, and yellows. We'll wind up using that stuff for about the first 2-3 months (we were given a LOT of clothes) if it's a boy, and that'll give us plenty of time to get more gender specific clothing. If it's a girl, we're literally set until the baby is DD's age (we never got rid of anything… and were given so much girl clothing). I'm actually hoping it's another girl; we pulled out all the NB-12month stuff and there were so many cute outfits that I totally wanted to see on the new baby!
Lindsey, wife to Pilot J & mama to K (11/12/10), expecting #2 (11/14/13)!
Mama2LilBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #15
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

We had a boy and a girl already when we decided to go team green with our third. I just bought a few neutral-leaning-toward-boyish things that I would also have put on a girl without a second thought. After all the gender specific clothing that we had gotten for the first two, I really enjoyed the gray and cream and yellow this last time.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #16
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Gender neutral things are super easy to find around here. We filled a bag with GN, a bag with some girl things and one with boy things. When our youngest arrived, we donated the opposite gender items immediately and moved on with life
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #17
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't do the whole team green thing, because I'm a planner/control freak. But if I were to, I would have a few things for each gender and then buy the rest after the baby was born. I don't care for gender neutral things.
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #18
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I generally like the GN stuff though it's hard to find. I have everything from my son, and we got alot of GN in the small sizes for him as well -- so I didn't need much.

I bought 5 "in case of girl" clothes from stores with easy return policies and kept the tags on and the receipts safe. I bought a new NB and 2 3m outfits for going home potential (both GN).

My son never needed newborn and I don't have lot of newborn stuff in general (for some reason). So I also got a couple extra GN NB outfits that I am leaving the tags on. I have enough to last until I can do a load of laundry with the new outfits if I need them.

So I guess my advice is buy some GN stuff and wash it (unless you hate GN I guess) and then buy some boy and some girl and leave it in returnable state.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #19
risata
Registered Users
seller

We are team green this time. We have some gender neutral NB stuff from the first two kids, enough to get us by until we can go shopping or borrow from someone who has boy clothes if baby turns out to be a boy. I have been buying gn diapers, and might pick up some gn burp cloths & receiving blankets ... though I don't care THAT much about cleaning up boy spit-up with a pink burp cloth. lol
Old 11-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #20
Sha-nanagins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We were unsure (not by choice, but because baby wouldn't cooperate at the ultrasound appointments) for DS1. But the docs kept telling us they "thought" baby was "most likely" a girl. XDH wanted to go buy a bunch of girl things - I asked him, would he prefer blue on his daughter, or pink on his son?

I absolutely dislike all the gender neutral green/yellow/brown colors, so we stuck with blue, white, a few purple things and just a touch of pink for the absolute basics. Since I have passable sewing skills, I told XDH that, should baby be a girl, I could always add lace and ribbons to pale blue, purple, or white clothes to make them more "girly".
Sha-nanagins is offline   Reply With Quote