Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
Jomama2005
Registered Users
seller

Anyone with Very close in age babies?

I know they could be closer but I am super excited and super terrified at the same time! My baby just turned 6months old and we found out I am preggers with another due July 4! She will be just over 14 months when the new baby is born. (Breathe... Breathe...). We didnt plan on a other so soon but we gladly welcome this little one :-) we also have an 8yr old who is a fantastic helper and big sis!

Anyone else in this boat, been in this situation in the past? Advice? Encouragement? :-/ :-D

Advertisement

Old 11-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Our bffs have babies 11 months apart. They are surviving.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
I lived so far. Lol. (my closest one are teens now and just may kill me in the next two years)

My first two are 12 months apart. Number 4 and 5 are 16 months apart.

It was tough but we lived. You will too. For me though the hardest thing was only being 18 and having two babies. I wasn't emotionally prepared. Now I could take on twins and then twins 12 months apart and wouldn't blink an eye. I have gained much more patience as time goes on. Babies and toddlers are much easier for me than teens so far... Teens are rough even when they are good kids!

Best advice is don't beat yourself up if the dishes don't get done and you nap when they nap and the laundry is backed up. Things will fall into place.

Last edited by ktmelody; 11-05-2013 at 09:12 PM.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #4
Rina Roo
Registered Users

I'm not sure if twins are harder or not, but I survived twins while having a 3 yo. Now they are nearly 6 and 3. So much easier now. I'm sure it will get easier as time goes on and will get very hard again when they are all teens.

Congrats by the way. I saw your other thread with the cheapie test.
Rina Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #5
Jomama2005
Registered Users
seller

Thank you! I'm just nervous. And ^^i would assume twins is harder but I don't know either :-) thanks for the encouragement
Old 11-06-2013, 04:30 AM   #6
WannaBeGreen2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My younger two are 20 months apart, so not super close but still close. It's hard as heck for me. I feel like all I do is change diapers and nurse the baby. I don't sit down all day long except for when the toddler naps, then I get to sit down to nurse instead of stand up to do it. I cry most days because I stress myself out trying to keep my house clean, 3 meals a day on the table, and my kids alive. Sure, I'm "surviving" as other mamas have stated, but I dont want to just survive. I'd like to enjoy my life, but I guess that takes time. Right now I certainly love my life and wouldn't trade my kids for anything, but I'm definitely not enjoying it and the stress and chaos it brings. Eventually I will enjoy it again when the stress and chaos dies down.

You will certainly survive I am sure, but it could be rough. Not sugar coating it..I wish someone had told me how rough it would be so I could try to prepare myself more.
WannaBeGreen2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:40 AM   #7
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone with Very close in age babies?

My fourth and fifth are 13 months apart. I was really scared about how things would go, and while it was busy, it was fine. There were some challenging things - like carrying them both if we had to go out anywhere, because my older one wasn't walking yet. There were also some nice things - my 13 month old was still taking 2 naps. There will be some tough weeks, especially at the beginning. Take a deep breath, and remind yourself that this too shall pass. You'll find a new routine, discover what works for yourself and your kids, and it will be OK. Adjust your lifestyle somewhat. Decide what's really a priority and what can be let go for a little while (not forever - just for now.) We don't go out much at all anymore, and that's OK. It's just for now - the day will come when that's possible again. I also don't do much crafting or sewing anymore, and I do miss it, but again, it's for now. You'll find other things in your day that bring you joy.
One thing that I did that made a big difference was to start exercising during my pregnancy. I had always read that exercise lowered stress and increased energy, and I thought, well that sounds like what I'm going to need, so I did it, and it WORKED. I've never stopped since, and I have more energy and lower stress (as well as a lower, healthier weight) and feel better as a parent now with 7 small ones (my oldest just turned 10 and my baby is 2 months) than I did with one or two. I can't recommend it enough. It's become part of our morning routine every day to take half an hour to go watch the exercise DVD. The kids come down with me and exercise too, or play toys beside me. My favourite is Erin O'Brien - she has great prenatal, post natal, and regular DVDs. I'm sure there are other good ones out there too.
Oh, and plan to use a baby carrier - sling, wrap, snugli, whatever. It will keep your hands free for your other small one.
All the best!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:06 AM   #8
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Its harder in the beginning, but I think its easier in the long run. My kids all play with each other now and makes it so much easier that they all pretty much have the same interests. The crazy thing is our 5 are all very close in age and now we are foster parents to 3 girls very close in age. The agency couldn't find anyone in our county or the next to take all 3 girls because so many were afraid of how close they were. (The county ideally wants no more then 6 kids per house so was trying to find someone else-other then us-to take them) We are used to it. And if the girls were our bios, they are about the age they would be---except for maybe the 4 yo (bio) and 3yo( foster) as they are 10 months apart. But my sister and I are 10 mths apart (we were both full term). So very possible.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:50 AM   #9
drewswife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not super close but my first two are 23 months apart and #3 and #4 will be like 17.5 months apart.
Annalyn Taylor 2.9.08, Emery Jane 1.12.10 and Samuel Ryan 10.8.12 Baby Bean #4 Due May 2014
drewswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:56 AM   #10
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

My first 2 are 14 mos. apart (then 2 and 3 are 19 mos. apart, then 3 and 4 are 16 mos. apart).

I thought the first 2 being so close was so fun and worked well! My 14 month old wasn't walking (he crawled) and so that presented some challenges. But over all, it felt busy and sweet and fun. The more kids I had, the more the closeness in age seemed crazy. haha.

My first two boys are the best of friends. They've always been! They are now 5 and 6 and they spend all day playing together (we homeschool) and those two have been a joy. They entertain each other and are into the same stuff. Love, love, love it.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote