Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #11
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone with Very close in age babies?

My 9th and 10th are 12 months and 3 days apart.

Advertisement

Old 11-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #12
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:

My two are 14m apart. It was hard in the beginning, because I felt like I had to do everything at once, didn't want either of them to have to wait or cry, etc. Aaaaand then I realized that looking like I was playing twister trying to feed them both was driving me nuts. Once I got a routine down, started doing things in turns, etc. it got WAY easier. DS1 didn't really know what to do with DS2 besides kiss him when he was born, up until he started crawling and playing. They're 2 and 1 now, and it's so much fun. They're both walking, playing, and best friends. DS1 is big enough to help with a lot of things (getting bottles that are dropped, throwing things away, cleaning his messes up, etc.) and DS2 is learning from that, and it makes my job a lot easier, too. It can be a rough transition. IMO going from 1 to 2 was like night and day, but once I got the hang of it, it worked out okay
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #13
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My closest is 19m apart. It was difficult but it wasn't the age, it was going from 1 kid to 2 kids.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #14
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:

When our 1st was 14wk old we found out I was 3wk pregnant , then when our 2nd was 6mo I got pregnant again, then when the 3rd was 16mo we did it again and when she was 19mo we did it again. We have gradually started to spread them farther apart. LOL. The first 2 were 12mo5d apart and we lived Congratulations!!!
Old 11-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #15
BrownCowMama
Registered
seller

Congrats! I love babies close together! My first two are 13 months apart..but now we have 4 boys within 4 years! I'm not gonna lie..it can be challenging when everyone is needing something at the same time, but the FUN we have, and seeing their LOVE for their brothers is so awesome!
I just say focus on each day as it comes, prioritize, simplify...and always find somewhere to pull a bucket full of patience out of
BrownCowMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #16
my5sons
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can understand being nervous about it...DS5 and DS6 are 22 months apart, and DD will be 21 months apart from DS6. DS5 is not being very cooperative about potty learning so I'm not thrilled about having 3 in diapers/pullups at one time!! My MIL thinks I should put DS5 in preschool so it won't be 'too much' for me...I say, WHATEVER. I think everything will work out...it always does! I have no doubt it will be hectic at times but we'll survive like we always do :-)

My younger sister and brother are 17 months apart and my mom said there were times she was so tired she would just sit there and cry. But, at the same time, they have always been closer to each other, even now, and I think that it's because of the closeness in age (I'm older than my sister by 3 years and older than my brother by 4 1/2)...I've always kind of envied that! :-)
Old 11-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #17
TikiLuCherry
Registered Users
seller

I think I'm in the same boat as you (almost), I have a 9 1/2 yr old DD who's been an awesome help, a 13 month old DS and he will be 14 months old (plus a few days) when the new little man arrives - I'm only worried about taking them on outings to stores...or the older boy being rough around the baby. Other than that, I think things will be fun
TikiLuCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #18
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've got an 11 year old stepdaughter, a 3.5 year old son, a 13 month old daughter, and a 7 week old son. We brought our newest son home from the hospital on his sister's first birthday. It's been a whirlwind.

The 11 year old is a saint. She helps me more than she should. My 3.5 year old is, BY FAR, my most difficult child. I spend more time and energy on him than I do the rest of them put together. He's an exceptional child at an exceptional age. My 13 month old is cake. She's absolutely delightful. She's easy. She sleeps well. She sleeps a lot. My 7 week old has been my neediest baby so far. We're seriously up hourly some nights. He's not a fan of being put down. He wants to be held constantly. Someday I need him to realize he has siblings. He spends more time than I would like screaming because I'm busy with other kids. It is what it is. We're surviving.

My husband is a farmer in his busiest time of the year. He seriously comes home only to sleep (and very little when he does)! I had to hire help or we wouldn't even be surviving. I have someone come and help me around the house on weekday mornings. She's here M-F, 9a-1p. She cleans and helps take care of the kids. She watches the kids while I shower and run errands. One time I just slept the whole time she was here because I was sick AND I'd been up with sick kids and the baby all night long. It hasn't been pretty. I can't wait until my husband's done in the field. My helper will be backing off and only coming once or twice and week. Daddy will be taking over and he'll be here even more than the helper has been.

Arm yourself with plenty of help. Drop your standards for a clean and organized home. Live in the moment and don't worry about tomorrow. It sounds cliche, but it's the only way to get through. You're going to have ZERO time for yourself for awhile, but you'll be too busy to really even notice. I hear it gets easier! I'll let you know.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #19
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My oldest two are fifteen months apart. They fight a lot but love each other like you would not believe. It really was not that hard for me, even though Destiny was a challenging baby, Alex took to having a baby in the house very well. He never really got jealous of her and loved playing with her.

Just breath, relax and everything will be okay!
whitneywalters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #20
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

My daughter and son are 18 months and I love it. My daughter wasn't jealous at all. I've heard lots of people who have a sibling close in age tell me that it was great and they're really close to their sibling. It's busy. You need to be organized. And it helped that my son is an easy baby (except eating every 2 hours at night). I switched my daughter to sposies and I use sposies now and then with my son. I try to balance money saving things with convenience. I often felt bad too that my son would have to cry while I tended to my daughter. But now that he's almost 6 months he likes watching what's going on and playing with toys. The best advice I'd say is you might have to let some ideologies go. I had to give up on all organic food, and only cloth diapers. I couldn't pick up my baby whenever he cried. But the love I have for my kids has doubled.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys

Last edited by chandni3; 11-17-2013 at 07:10 PM.
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote