Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
No agreement on names?

What do you do when DH hates all the names you suggest, but won't offer any names?

Advertisement

trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: No agreement on names?

Keep trying. This was me and H this last babe, I kept a few of my favorites in mind, and it wasn't until after J was born that H agreed one of them totally suited him.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Exactly how dh was. Didn't want to talk names at all. Finally while I was in the hospital he threw out two names. Then after baby was born he named him. And I think it suits him well. Matthew earl. He is our gift from god and earl is a family name. His initials are MEN
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
mamaspice
Registered Users

My husbamd is like this too. We barely got DD's middle nane settled on before the birth certificate had to be submitted! In the end he was okay with what I liked.

I just keep chipping away and hoping that he'll get used to the names I like or offer his own suggestions.

We are settled on a boy name but not sure about a girl name yet! (I am due in a week.)
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
TikiLuCherry
Registered Users
seller

I'm not much help. I told my DH the names I wanted from the beginning, which he didn't disagree with until I was totally set on it. He didn't offer many other name (other than super trendy/popular names and I've never liked them).

So, I stuck with the names I wanted and said he'd get used to them.

When I was pg with DS, he said he would not call our son Ryder...but, he's called him Ryder as long as I remember So, it's also just a tactic to try to sway you from a name.

This time around it's Liam and he's ok with it. Not that I gave him a choice....lol, I'm bad like that (I did compromise with my DD's first name and 9 1/2 years later, still wish I'd kept the one I had wanted instead of trying to please my ex).
TikiLuCherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Keep trying. We didnt' agree on a name for our kids until in the hospital. DS#1 was about an hour after birth, DS#2 was at least a couple hours. DD was the only before birth but we were team green and didn't have a boys name.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

He wants Desmond. Done deal. The minute I mention another name, he chucks it before I can even complete the name.

I like Adrian, Sebastian, Liam, Caleb, Malachi....He hates them all. No reason, but he just hates them.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #8
TheCoach'sWife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My husband and I have never agreed on any names, except when I suggested ODD's middle name be that of his mom. We had to come to an agreement in the hospital. ODD's name was suggested while I was doped up (apparently pain killers make me easier to convince). YDD's name, I pretty much demanded her first name (it's a family name) and let him pick the middle name (which I still don't like, but keep it to myself).

TheCoach'sWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #9
Kyonarai
Registered Users
seller

My DH is kind of similar, but I play a sneaky bait and switch game. We both play online video games(Everquest at the moment), so what I do is name one of my characters that I play all the time the name I'd like for a future baby, so he gets used to seeing/saying it all the time, so that way when I get pregnant and demand he talk names with me, I can easily slip the name onto the list, and since he's so used to seeing it, it sounds normal to him.

This is how I got my down to earth husband to have two children with extremely off the wall names. Casdia and Kevadi respectively.
Kyonarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:17 AM   #10
Cashmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just got on here to start the same thread! I am 29 weeks prego with our 3rd boy and DH is insisting on calling him Thor. I'm sorry--but I just can't. He also loves Edmund, but I know he'd be called Ed, which I don't like. We just can not agree! To make matters worse, our other 3 children all have C names, and neither of us can agree on any C names! Oy...what to do...