Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #11
Registered Users
Don't wait around for DH to approve who pushes the baby out of a vagina The mom

moms should have 80% naming rights haha I just tell DH that and he simmers down

I am a very blessed wife, and mother of 2
Proverbs 3:5-6
universe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by Kyonarai View Post
My DH is kind of similar, but I play a sneaky bait and switch game. We both play online video games(Everquest at the moment), so what I do is name one of my characters that I play all the time the name I'd like for a future baby, so he gets used to seeing/saying it all the time, so that way when I get pregnant and demand he talk names with me, I can easily slip the name onto the list, and since he's so used to seeing it, it sounds normal to him.

This is how I got my down to earth husband to have two children with extremely off the wall names. Casdia and Kevadi respectively.
I love this! Lol
Christine , married to M , mother to 4yo DS J and 2yo DD E !
Visit for thorough book reviews of young adult books
Visit my blog Why We Love Green to read about saving money while saving the earth! (Plus Reviews & Giveaways!)
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:27 AM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: No agreement on names?

Ugh, I'm right there with you. He has made a few suggestions but our naming styles are totally different. He was really set on Lillian for a while and I finally had to say well its not gonna happen so get over it. I have looked at so many names now that I feel like anything he suggests I will have already seen and considered. I am just hoping he will cave on one of mine when she comes.
Hilary, loving Charles, mama to Charlie 1-21-12 on the way in December!
Sweet Bunny Upcycled woolies available on Etsy!
And my vintage shop!
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #14
Registered Users

Originally Posted by Cashmama View Post
I just got on here to start the same thread! I am 29 weeks prego with our 3rd boy and DH is insisting on calling him Thor. I'm sorry--but I just can't. He also loves Edmund, but I know he'd be called Ed, which I don't like. We just can not agree! To make matters worse, our other 3 children all have C names, and neither of us can agree on any C names! Oy...what to do...
Omg this is the same exact situation I am in right now. I am 30 weeks with our first and we are team green. Husband and I agree on a girl's name but not a boy's. He doesn't like any of the boy's names I suggest, he only wants Thor and is convinced that we will be having a boy that will be named Thor. We even got laughed at during our baby shower yesterday when people learned he was considering this name.
Mama to baby boy 12/31/13
And 3 fur kids
tcat216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:
We were the same way...I just tried to keep the attitude that our baby will have a name! For a while it was keeping me up at night running names thought my head so I just let it go and sure enough our baby has a name lol! We ended up agreeing on a a boys name 2 weeks before dd was born and we named her when she was about 6 hours old. I'm glad I stopped stressing because when she came out we both agreed that none if the names either of us liked ahead of time fit her and we picked something completely different and her name is perfect for her . I would just keep trying with DH and I'm sure your baby will have a name too!
Danielle, happy wife and Mommy to B, A and newbie J!
danimdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #16
Registered Users
My Mood:
Research their meanings well?! Dzh suggested Enoch once for DS3 and I said flat out heck no! & that was that.
I was going based on sound, popularity, ect. But as time passed we still couldn't agree & I decided to research Enoch. Found out the meaning of the name and I really like it- so even though it took awhile for the name to grow on me, Enoch it is!
mama to three sweet, rough & tumble boys who always keep me on my feet:
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #17
Registered Users
My Mood:
With Maddox I jut told him hat her name was. As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I just knew it was a girl and her name was Pamela Maddox. It was just an undeniable feeling, like she was telling me it's just who she was.

This time around I've just kind of told him that I think the name Brighton is settling in. The more i think about it the more it just feels right.
Rachel, DP to Taylor, Mommy to Joshua , Maddox , and someone new in Feb/March 2014!
Handmade Clothing & Accessories The Babby Boutique
Happy to have joined the

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #18
Registered Users
My Mood:

Well I am glad I posted this last night! because DH and I sat down today and hashed it out. We basically started from scratch with tons of baby name lists and agreed on the name Ripley Thornton. Ripley sounds good with Quincy, our toddler's name, and Thornton is a family name, so if DH really wants, he can nickname him Thor. Best of both worlds....and very relieved!
Certified Hypnobabies Teacher and Lover of all things Natural, Mom to 2 little ones and another on the way. Love my winter babies!
Cashmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #19
Registered Users
My Mood:

Thor...LOL. Dh suggested Zeus and Poseidon!
Ariana Armando
{M.o3'} {E.o5'} {C.o9'} {S.12'} {D.14'}
.o8 .13
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #20
Registered Users
My Mood:

My husband and I don't easily agree on names, though he will offer names. We start by creating out own lists. Then we combine the ones we both like/ think we could get use to into 1 list. Then chip away at it. There are times when I think we will never agree, I like my names more and he likes his, but eventually it shakes out. We are down to 2 boys names and 2-3 girls names and middle names are close behind. (with 3 weeks left until guess date)
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote