Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:
Good belly support garments???

Any of you ladies use any belly support tanks or bands? I'm 24w with baby #5 and my abs hate me right now and I'm in pain. My MW wants me to get a support belt/band/whatever but suggested I get one that is more like a girdle instead of a belt so that it covers my whole belly. I've been researching and reading reviews and driving myself crazy trying to decide which one to order. I don't have a big spending budget but I don't want to waste money on something cheap if it's not going to help. So I want to know if any of you are using the Bellybra or the Blanqi bodystyler and if so are they worth the price or if any of you have had great luck with any of the less expensive support bands. Thanks!!

Advertisement

Last edited by badhayrday; 11-06-2013 at 05:52 PM.
badhayrday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Good belly support garments???

I did okay with just full panel pants & a belly band until I was maybe 32 or 33 wks. At that point my belly was just so heavy & one of the babies was kicking me in the cervix, so I gave in & started using the support belt that I had been handed down. That thing has been a lifesaver!

I'd just do as much research as possible online & if you have someplace local where you can see them IRL, do that.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #3
jackobeano
Registered Users
seller

I got a Belevation support band and it was awesome. I was having some pain this pregnancy and decided to try a support band. I didn't want to spend a bunch in case it didn't work and also didn't want anything with straps, Velcro, etc. This thing was totally awesome and I noticed a huge difference if I forgot to wear it. I highly recommend it and it's only $18 and free shipping through their site. I also have a black one in EUC that I would sell you for less if you are interested.

ISO/IHA
jackobeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #4
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackobeano View Post
I got a Belevation support band and it was awesome. I was having some pain this pregnancy and decided to try a support band. I didn't want to spend a bunch in case it didn't work and also didn't want anything with straps, Velcro, etc. This thing was totally awesome and I noticed a huge difference if I forgot to wear it. I highly recommend it and it's only $18 and free shipping through their site. I also have a black one in EUC that I would sell you for less if you are interested.
That would be awesome if it's the right size!! I'll pm you.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #5
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hope you found one that works well for you, mama. Just thought I'd add that I got a blanqi in my last pregnancy (#7) and LOVED it! It worked really well for relieving back/hip/pelvic pain and pressure. I wore it every day from 12 weeks on.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:43 AM   #6
badhayrday
Life is Good
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cricket~ View Post
Hope you found one that works well for you, mama. Just thought I'd add that I got a blanqi in my last pregnancy (#7) and LOVED it! It worked really well for relieving back/hip/pelvic pain and pressure. I wore it every day from 12 weeks on.
Thanks! I bought a cheap band style one and it is not working. I have 16wk left. Do you think I can justify spending that much money on one at this point? LOL
Old 11-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Personally, I'd say YES! Every day pain free is worth something! And you can always resell it, or use it again with your next pregnancy. Totally up to you, of course.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #8
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
With my first I just went to Walmart and bought a tummy girdle thing that normal women wear under their clothes. Like from thighs up to just under boobs. I bought a size Large and it stretched over my belly till the end. Felt great. Cheap too.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #9
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

I just bought one from Walmart. Same brand as their nursing bras and hanging right by them. It was only $16. Really helps for when I am on my feet and its very comfortable. I take it off when I sit though, its squishes me too much then. Considering I am due in 5 days, I say if you have 16 wks left, its totally worth it!
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #10
madswan
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhayrday View Post
Thanks! I bought a cheap band style one and it is not working. I have 16wk left. Do you think I can justify spending that much money on one at this point? LOL
I have been having the same issue with the cheapie band one I have -- so glad you started this thread! Thanks for all the recs ladies!
madswan is offline   Reply With Quote