Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #11
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar
What EDd did they give you? I think I conceived btw Aug 13 and 16 and my EDD is May 4.

I'm 14+5 today
Nope. Back to confused. My last period was August 2-6, it was a normal full period with my average forty days from last one, and my expected fertile days were the 26th and 27th, which is when we would normally abstain, but decided ahh to heck with it.

When I use a calculator online based on conception on August 26th it says due May 21.
When I use a calculator online based on last period on August 6th it says due May 13.
My ultrasound due date is May 5.

There's just no way that is possible in my opinion.

Advertisement

Last edited by Palooka; 11-08-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #12
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My last period was July 28. If you had normal ycles that would give you am EDD of May 10. Maybe you ovulate on time but the last part of the cycle is your longer part?

You need to use Aug 2 bc it's first day of last period
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #13
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar
My last period was July 28. If you had normal ycles that would give you am EDD of May 10. Maybe you ovulate on time but the last part of the cycle is your longer part?

Yeah, use the first day of your last period, not the last day

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #14
Palooka
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post

Okay so that gives me a closer date, but then it makes no sense as to why we successfully avoided for the past eighteen months. That's what has really thrown me. Was it just dumb luck? And I thought the time from ovulation to period was pretty constant for every woman and it was the time from period to ovulation that varied? Isn't that how all these apps are supposed to work?
Old 11-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #15
Palooka
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyA874 View Post

At the dating ultrasound for DS they said I was due two weeks earlier than my dates said. I refused to agree with their dates because I KNEW when he was conceived. I needed to be induced because of DS's heart condition and I fought with the MFM dr about the date to induce because he wanted to use the 1/4 due date and induce 12/28 and I said I wasn't due until 1/14 and wouldn't agree to be induced before the 1/11. He was pissed, thought I'd end up going into labor on my own away from the hospital, etc. Guess who was still pregnant on 1/11 and who's baby was said to be a tad under 40 weeks gestation at birth

If you are quite sure of your dates stick to your guns mama. Ultrasound isn't perfect.
I'm actually thinking of sticking to my guns because I have over a year of cycle history saying I'm not crazy. And I feel like they were wrong with my son too. They said Jan 8 early on, then around twenty weeks started saying things like he's not growing well yada yada, then when he was born ten days late he weighed under seven pounds. That doesn't sound like any ten day late baby I've ever heard of.

Last edited by Palooka; 11-08-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #16
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: help me make sense of this

Here's how I did it, not sure if this helps you or not. I have anywhere from 29-33 day cycles, but mostly 33 day cycles. On a normal 28 day cycle the "expected" ovulation is day 14. I used the Period tracker app for 16 months to get an idea for TTC and it tries to "learn" over time your cycles. My last period was July 28 and for a 28 day cycle expected O would be Aug 12 but my P-Tracker estimated mine to be on Aug 15 because of my varying cycles. They did a dating U/S for me expecting me to be at 7w5d and I measured in at 7w2d, which would make sense considering when I actually O instead of the 28 day cycle O. I compared CM and EWCM for the 16 months to confirm that the app was estimating accurately.

So if your LMP was Aug 2 and you have 36 day cycles (from first day of per to first day of next per) then you would have estimated to O on around Aug 20, which would be an EDD of May 15. If you just used Aug 2 and the corresponding EDD, it's an EDD of May 10. So maybe an EDD between May 10-17 would make sense?

As far as dumb luck... no clue. Were you bunnying it up that month and have no idea what days are options? I was TTC so I was documenting it all in the app like a crazy person. I know when we bunny'd.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #17
Palooka
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post
Here's how I did it, not sure if this helps you or not. I have anywhere from 29-33 day cycles, but mostly 33 day cycles. On a normal 28 day cycle the "expected" ovulation is day 14. I used the Period tracker app for 16 months to get an idea for TTC and it tries to "learn" over time your cycles. My last period was July 28 and for a 28 day cycle expected O would be Aug 12 but my P-Tracker estimated mine to be on Aug 15 because of my varying cycles. They did a dating U/S for me expecting me to be at 7w5d and I measured in at 7w2d, which would make sense considering when I actually O instead of the 28 day cycle O. I compared CM and EWCM for the 16 months to confirm that the app was estimating accurately.

So if your LMP was Aug 2 and you have 36 day cycles (from first day of per to first day of next per) then you would have estimated to O on around Aug 20, which would be an EDD of May 15. If you just used Aug 2 and the corresponding EDD, it's an EDD of May 10. So maybe an EDD between May 10-17 would make sense?

As far as dumb luck... no clue. Were you bunnying it up that month and have no idea what days are options? I was TTC so I was documenting it all in the app like a crazy person. I know when we bunny'd.
So I have two tracker apps. One of them has just decided it's outdated and doesn't want to work, but the other one shows my ovulation date as being about 25 days after the first day of my last period, which usually turns out to be 2 weeks before my next period. Like I said, my shortest cycle in over a year of tracking is 39 days and my longest is 43 days.

So in order for this due date to be accurate either:
a) I had a cycle 2 weeks shorter than I've had in a year, or sort of ever since I've never had a "monthly" cycle, or
b) I ovulated 2 weeks earlier than a normal woman ought to in her cycle

As to why I never got pregnant before, uh yeah we were not at all careful except for the 4-5 days during which my apps said I was fertile. For 18 months. It just seems incredibly unlikely that the apps were always wrong and we got lucky for 15ish cycles and then got unlucky on the same cycle we DTD while the app said fertile.

My hubby couldn't understand why I was upset about this, but a due date that's more than 2 weeks off means the possibility that I'll be pressured to induce before this baby is even done cooking. Not to mention it calls into question all my womanly logic.

Last edited by Palooka; 11-08-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #18
NewGreenMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They changed my due date three times. Measurements are not very accurate. Congrats!!
NewGreenMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #19
miriamleigh
Registered Users

They put my due date ahead a week with DD2, which was impossible. Anyway, I stuck to my guns and they didn't change the due date. As it turns out, DD2 did come a week early, but she was covered in vernix, and didn't seem like a forty weeker. I don't know, maybe get another ultrasound?
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #20
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

Most of my friends with late ovulations take their O date, minus 14-days, making LMP appear two-weeks before O, which is how LMP dating goes.
mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote