Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #21
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

I had this issue too bc I had 5 week cycles the entire year we were ttc and I charted. I knew exactly when I conceived and oddly enough I ovulated 2 days earlier than usual that month. But bc of the 5 week vs 4 week cycles and the 2 weeks that are added to conception date, my due dates were 5 days off. I was to have a rcs so I knew it would make a pretty big difference since the surgery would be scheduled at 39 weeks. Luckily I ended up in labor at 37+4 by my calc and 38+2 by the doc and had a healthy baby so moral of the story is that the docs don't take into account the length of your cycle, they just go by the standard 28 day cycle that 'every' woman has, and that throws off edd's.

Advertisement

Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #22
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
Re: help me make sense of this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikhlas View Post
I had this issue too bc I had 5 week cycles the entire year we were ttc and I charted. I knew exactly when I conceived and oddly enough I ovulated 2 days earlier than usual that month. But bc of the 5 week vs 4 week cycles and the 2 weeks that are added to conception date, my due dates were 5 days off. I was to have a rcs so I knew it would make a pretty big difference since the surgery would be scheduled at 39 weeks. Luckily I ended up in labor at 37+4 by my calc and 38+2 by the doc and had a healthy baby so moral of the story is that the docs don't take into account the length of your cycle, they just go by the standard 28 day cycle that 'every' woman has, and that throws off edd's.
Yeah, I actually refused to give them an LMP and kept insisting I knew the date of conception. The due date I'm upset about is calculated from the ultrasound today, and it's about 16 days earlier than I would expect.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #23
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palooka

Yeah, I actually refused to give them an LMP and kept insisting I knew the date of conception. The due date I'm upset about is calculated from the ultrasound today, and it's about 16 days earlier than I would expect.
This is why women with late O subtract 14-days from O and give that as LMP!
mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #24
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:
They always told me your due date can be off by two weeks either way , so it sounds like you would still be on track.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #25
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
12 week ultrasounds aren't as accurate as 5 or 6 week ultrasounds. Embryos grow at the same rate but fetuses do not. You got a big baby! I'd put money on your date not the tech's.

ISO: free or cheap shipping to or within Mexico.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #26
Emmalily
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommypockets
This is what I should've done!! My nurse kept saying we base it on a 28 day cycle. I've never had a 28 day cycle in my life! Hope you get everything figured out OP!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #27
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Do you have a chart you could post?

If you use this due date calculator and plug in your cycles as 40 days long, does it give you the date you think is correct?

I would try to insist that they change your due date based on conception and what you think rather than their measurements. Because in the end, 14 days past your "due date" is going to make a big difference. You could always tell them that it isn't possible for that to be the due date because you didn't dtd until x day.

Last edited by Belle; 11-09-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #28
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhutier View Post
They always told me your due date can be off by two weeks either way , so it sounds like you would still be on track.
The problem is (at least with care providers I've had) is that they consider your due date to be in the middle of a four week period, yes, but I've yet to meet an OB that is comfortable with letting a woman get to the end of that 4-week period without significant management (sometimes invasive) or induction.

(not that I'm trying to tell the lady with 10 kids anything about pregnancy. )
Old 11-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #29
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommypockets View Post
This is what I do.

I think you should make them stick with your due date. I bet the ultrasound is off.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #30
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
Do you have a chart you could post?

If you use this due date calculator and plug in your cycles as 40 days long, does it give you the date you think is correct?

I would try to insist that they change your due date based on conception and what you think rather than their measurements. Because in the end, 14 days past your "due date" is going to make a big difference. You could always tell them that it isn't possible for that to be the due date because you didn't dtd until x day.
This is my Fertility Friend chart for August.

We would normally have abstained on the 23-28, but we DTD 26 and 27. Like I said, on all the other months we used Fertility Friend we abstained on the week it indicated and didn't get pregnant.

It's not showing cycles from 2012, but these are the cycles saved from 2013:

Cycle Statistics
Cycle Lengths:
Average Length: 41.2 days
Standard Deviation: 2.08
Shortest: 39 days
Longest: 43 days
Total Number of Cycles: 5 cycles
First Cycle: 2013-02-18
Last Cycle: 2013-08-02

The date of conception based on that ultrasound would have been 8/12/2013, which is 11 days after my LMP began. Not possible unless I had a 25 day cycle, which I've never had in my life.

And I agree, a due date that's off by more than 2 weeks (which I think this is) can make real problems. I think I'm going to bring my charts to my next midwife appointment and try to insist they adjust my due date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
This is what I do.

I think you should make them stick with your due date. I bet the ultrasound is off.
My MW did that to get my due date originally, but she sent me for an ultrasound to "confirm" and I couldn't remember the fake LMP date when the US tech asked me.

Last edited by Palooka; 11-09-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote