Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #11
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did your labors get shorter?

Yup, but none were long either.
1st--5 hours (water had broken earlier that day but labor didn't start)
2nd--3 hours
3rd--3 hours
4th--1 hour. This was an "induction"! I showed up as scheduled for a medically necessary 39 week induction and I was at 5 cm, not in labor though so I asked if they would only break my water. They did and I was immediately having hard contractions. Eleven contractions start to baby born. This scares me as #5 is on the way, the hospital is an hour away, and DH works a half hour in a different direction and he'll need to drive me. I am not a candidate for homebirth.

Advertisement

Old 11-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #12
danimdel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Not really! They all had longish early labor and not too long active labor. 1 & 3 were inductions so I'm sure that changes things. I am calling "active labor" contractions that were strong enough to have to breath and focus through.
1- 30 hour induction total, 6 hours of active labor
2- about 20 hours of early labor at home, 10 hours of active labor...would have been less but started on mag for pre-e and stalled at 6cm with no contractions for a while when they started that until they broke my water.
3- 26 hour induction, but nothing really happened for the first 21 hours and then 5 hours or active labor
Old 11-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #13
my5sons
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Generally, yes. My 1st was 4 1/2 hours from the time my water broke at home to delivery at the hospital! DS2 was an induction because the doc was concerned I wouldn't make it to the hospital in time...he was born 45 min. after they broke my water. DS3 was another induction but was at 38 weeks and I don't think was ready, so that one was about 7-8 hours. I swore I would NEVER be induced again after that...so DS's 4 and 5 were about 2-3 hours from water breaking at home to hospital delivery. DS6 was my 1st waterbirth (hospital) but my LONGEST labor! I had a slow leak from my bag of water (a few days before due date)...went to the hospital, stalled out at 5 cm and contractions fizzled out. I didn't want pitocin so they let me rest overnight, and then in the morning broke my water completely...DS6 was born a few hours after that. He was my only 'sunny side up' baby which they think is why this labor took so much longer, and they think it may have been because my placenta was anterior, attached to the front instead of the back. What scares me is this next one, DD1, is also an anterior placenta, and I'm fearful of another long labor...DS6 was about 15 hours from start to finish which is FAR longer than any of my others, and I really would prefer for DD1 not to be a repeat of that!!
Old 11-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #14
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My first sounds like your first

2nd was planned cs but went into labor but still had c

3rd labored for 12ish hours

4th 6ish hrs

Last 2 were vba2c
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:40 AM   #15
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
My first was 21 hour induction. He was 13 days past due date.

My second was 7 hours from first contraction at home to birth at hospital. She was 8 days past due date.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:11 AM   #16
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Yes, so far. Three labors, all natural no interventions.

#1: 6 hours start to finish, from first indication of labor to baby.
Five hours was very active labor with contractions close together and progress being felt.

#2: 3 hours start to finish. 1.5 hours active labor.

#3: 4 hours start to finish, two contractions felt. Active labor, 20 minutes. Two contractions from high in my ribs to out.

We shall see how #4 does in April....
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #17
mommy2boys2007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes
#1: 8 hours of total contractions and labor
#2: 6 hours total
#3: was an induction 4 hours rom start of pit to birth
#4: 2.5 hours
#5: 45 minutes from first contraction that I thought hmm this could be labor, because I had been having a lot of Braxton hicks ctx since 30 weeks that felt quite strong. And the day I had him they had been more frequent but not in any pattern nor did they grow in intensity so I count the time from the first contraction that I started thinking hmm I think this is real.
Jamie, mama to DS-Daniel- 04-06-2005, DS- Michael- 06-16-2007(my birthday present!), DS-Samuel-12-13-2009, DD Abigail- 01-02-2012 baby #5 due October 1, 2013
mommy2boys2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #18
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

My daughter's active labor was 9.5 hours (from 4am until she was born at 1:38pm). I was a 10 at noon, but they had to turn off the epidural for an hour so I could feel to push. Took 38 minutes of pushing.

My son was 6h15m of active labor from 3:15am until he was born at 9:30am. Got to the hospital at 5:30am and was already a 6. A 10 at 9am and after a few practice pushes the doc came in and I pushed through 3 contractions and he was born.

My mom labored with me for 32 hours, so I've been SUPER lucky!
Hopefully baby #3 goes just as smooth for me.
HeatherM0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #19
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerissa
Yes shorter--

#1--water broke at 5pm, contractions started and he was born at 8pm (did have pitocin with this one, --contractions that I couldn't feel, baby was 35 weeks, water leaking/broke, 4cm when went in, ect)
#2--20 min start to finish-- had cramps through out the day, 2:45 pulled into the hospital for dr. appointment had an o crap this is a contraction, water broke, he was born at 3:05
#3--induction (after the crazyness of #2 and we live far way and I am home alone with kids). Broke water and started pitocin at 9:30, baby born at 11:30.

Pushing with all three was about 3 to 5 pushes.
This is crazy fast!!
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #20
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeotwoski
Yup, but none were long either.
1st--5 hours (water had broken earlier that day but labor didn't start)
2nd--3 hours
3rd--3 hours
4th--1 hour. This was an "induction"! I showed up as scheduled for a medically necessary 39 week induction and I was at 5 cm, not in labor though so I asked if they would only break my water. They did and I was immediately having hard contractions. Eleven contractions start to baby born. This scares me as #5 is on the way, the hospital is an hour away, and DH works a half hour in a different direction and he'll need to drive me. I am not a candidate for homebirth.
Sounds like you all need to get a birthing kit or get a hotel room closer to the hospital.
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote