Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-23-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
All day sickness, help!

Any tried and true natural remedies for nausea and throwing up during pregnancy?! I have always had it relatively bad with all my 4 other pregnancies but this time takes the cake, I am quite miserable and in a dizzy fog all day. I'm only 6 weeks 4 days so I feel like I have a long road ahead of me. I would love to hear what you mamas do or have done to help with this dreaded pregnancy symptom

Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily {May 2007}, Lilly {November 2008}, Joseph {July 2010}, Maggie {July 2012} & expecting a newbie (August 2014) Sent from my iPad using DS forum.

Advertisement

Old 12-23-2013, 06:51 AM   #2
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Re: All day sickness, help!

I like the Earth Baby Mama Morning Sickness tea with my first... with my second though I was so sick that even that made me throw up At least you are super sick though!!
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #3
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryMama
I like the Earth Baby Mama Morning Sickness tea with my first... with my second though I was so sick that even that made me throw up At least you are super sick though!!
I keep telling my husband, I am so happy to be so sick lol! I also have that tea and its not working anymore. It's all worth it in the end, thankfully my kids are taking it easy on me

Deirdre~ Wife to Joe & Momma to Emily {May 2007}, Lilly {November 2008}, Joseph {July 2010}, Maggie {July 2012} & expecting a newbie (August 2014) Sent from my iPad using DS forum.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #4
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I tried the tea too and it made me sicker. Plain peppermint tea helps a little. So far B6 and magnesium are helping some. Tons of protein. DH makes me a fruit smoothie first thing in the AM and puts a big scoop of protein powder in it. Quease ease inhaler was a waste. Sea Bands help some. The preggie pop drops with b6 help a little. Sucking on mints and sour candy helps a little. At this point nothing is helping overwhelmingly but snacking little stuff constantly helps a little too.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:38 AM   #5
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Saltines, ginger ale with real ginger (my favorite is Vernors). And when it's died down to not truly nausea but an overly sensitized gag reflex, my body can be convinced that it's not choking (ie doesn't need to vomit) with uncrystallized candied ginger (I find mine at Trader Joe's); really strong stuff but it usually does the job. I also try to remember to actively breathe deeply through my nose when I'm having gagging issues, it helps some but not as much as the ginger. Good luck!
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #6
Sugar&SpiceX3
Registered Users
seller

I second the B6. But my RE told me to keep it at 100 mg a day as too much B6 can cause nerve damage in the hands. I hope you can find something that will work for you
Sugar&SpiceX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

I would really think about taking extra B6 - or any vitamin B that is not a complex. It is harmful to you (and probably baby then too) if you have too much of one and not enough of another. If you are looking at taking a complex vitamin B try to find one that does not have 100% of one thing and then 1000% of another, you then would have too much of one and not enough of another. No more then a 500% difference between each is what I was told.
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #8
SweetMamaKaty
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is totally stereotypical, but I really, really loved pickles this time. The sourness had to be what made them work. I also sneaked sips of the juice when the last one was gone, but didn't want to O/D on sodium so I tried to hold back.
IHA/ISO
SweetMamaKaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #9
earthEmama
Registered Users
Formerly: cs***kky
seller

I get nausea really bad, the only thing that made it remotely better was vitamin B/unisom cocktail and hot peppermint tea.
earthEmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #10
saturn
Registered Users

Fizzy water, sour candies, saltines, and mints. My dental hygienist once advised me to "breathe through your nose and wiggle your toes" to help fight the gag reflex, and I've found it helpful for morning sickness too. The B6 and Unisom works great for lots of people, but strangely enough it actually made me sicker. I had to switch prenatals too, for some reason the prescription ones made me sick but my basic otc ones did not.
saturn is offline   Reply With Quote