Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #11
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 2013 Due Date Group~ December chat

Jennifer...I'm so sorry. If I could I'd send off some of Matthews Chunks to N.

Advertisement

Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #12
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Jennifer - So, what does the dr want you to do?
missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #13
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The doctor just said that I need to feed him more. We will try to do what we can but there is a saying about a horse and water that is applicable here.

DH and I were talking last night and we see signs all over the place that Nathaniel is doing well. He is ahead on some of his milestones. The rest he is right on target. He already has separation anxiety when he is away from me for longer then about 15 minutes (should be fun with the CT scan in about 2 weeks. That takes 1 hour.). He recognizes daddy and smiles when he sees him. He LOVES standing and will stand with little support. Surprisingly too as he can't really sit up yet.

The doctor is concerned about brain development with him but honestly we are not seeing it. He is just a tiny boy. Everything else is normal. Something I am noticing is that when I feed him more, he doesn't gain weight because he spits up more. He got 1 oz more yesterday of formula and actually lost 1/2 oz from yesterday morning. I need to see if this is a trend but it is rather puzzling.

Today I need to see if I can schedule his blood test and then I have school work with the older one. I hope to also get laundry done. It is suppose to rain here on Friday so I may try to get ready to go grocery shopping on Thursday this week as I don't know if shopping in the rain is wise. I am waiting for a meal plan service to start though so I don't know… It should start up any day now.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #14
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jennifer. Sorry you're dealing with a jerky ped. It's not like you're starving your kiddo! You're even supplementing with formula, right? So basically doing everything you can. Have you gotten a second opinion on N's weight struggle? I think it's good the doc is trying to figure out what's causing his lack of growth, though. I would be concerned that he may not be digesting and assimilating the nutrients properly. Have you tried giving him probiotics at all?

Adam was supposed to have a checkup yesterday, but I rescheduled for next week because the roads may have been slick. I wasn't sure if they were, but the boys' doctor is over an hour away and there were school cancellations between here and there, so I decided it wasn't worth it to risk my baby's life just to have the doc say he looks perfect, ya know? Anyone else see the irony in that?

I've got to figure out what to get people for Christmas. I'd really like to do most of my Christmas shopping online so I don't have to drag both boys to the store. Much easier and less stressful that way, and I still have time for it. I only bought stuff for myself online for Black Friday. (Actually it was last Wednesday, but it was the "Black Friday" sale. On the actual Black Friday we attended DH's grandmother's wake. Again, irony.)

Last edited by blessedwifenmama; 12-03-2013 at 06:46 AM.
blessedwifenmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #15
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Blessed - I do most of my shopping online as well. I just wish I could do the grocery shopping online as well.

ATM - Had to wake Afton up early to finish homework from last night. It is freezing outside today so I took Jace to the bus stop this morning. I would have taken him to school but the roads are getting bad and I really don't want to drive into town. I have a fear of driving on snow and ice, yes I totally live in the wrong state. I really wish I had 4 wheel drive but we just can not afford new cars right now.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #16
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I do most of my shopping online too. I did a ton on kohls Wednesday and Thursday. But most of it wasn't "gifts". But I think I'll wrap them up anyways. flannel sheets and comforters for the lake house.

jennifer: isn't this your second ped for N? Someone has to fill in the 0%tile range and N is it . My sisters friends daughter is in the 0%tile. She's 5 now and my niece(3) has surpassed her on clothes. They use to give my sister their dds clothes now my sister gives them hers.

I don't know what Matthews issue was last night but he was wanting to eat all night long. Dh asked if I wanted to switch sides (we co sleep) I told him no I'd just like to get some sleep. So he put m in his bouncy seat for 20 minutes.

It's getting cold here this week :burr: a high in the 30s all week. Saturday we are suppose to have a low of 3' at our lake house.
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 12-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #17
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I think tomorrow high is suppose to be 1 with a low of -17 or something like that. I moved the tree to the corner last night. I just couldn't fit it in the window with al our furniture.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #18
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I am just not in the mood to do anything today as I watch the snow come down. I am getting laundry done but that is it. I truthfully don't mind doing laundry it is the kitchen that I hate and yes it is a mess but I really don't care.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #19
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've got Matthew asleep on me and I just can't move

I need to get working on pitting eyelets on all these busy book pages from the swap I hosted.

The ninja ups lady dropped off a package this morning.
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 12-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #20
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone. Yes this is our second opinion doctor. There is no one else we can go to unless we go to one out of pocket (heard about some lady that is really on the holistic side but I don't really want to go to her). I agree that someone has to set the curve and I honestly don't mind that it is my child. I think what this doctor is looking at is my other son is a giant. He is at the other end of the growth charts. Tall and heavy. I can't help it if I gave birth to Jack Sprat and his wife. And yes we are supplementing. That is a double edge sward.

Missy - That is COLD!! Normally I don't advocate using 4 wheel drive because honestly the people around here think that 4 wheel drive is the same as an invisibility cloak around their car, so they drive like the roads are dry and sunny when it is snowy and icky out. However in your case and where you live I do think it is needed. I hope you can afford it soon!

Erica - Cool I love busy books! I just need to make some for my son. I have enough fabric, just need to find the time.

I am getting the charlies soap today. Not sure when. When I saw you got a package Erica already today I must admit I am a bit jealous. We live in the same town as the distribution center and normally we are at the end of the route. NOT fair!