Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #21
chamise
Registered Users
seller

Eek this thread is scary to read!

Advertisement

chamise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #22
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamise View Post
Eek this thread is scary to read!
Try living it.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #23
chamise
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MothyrGrimm
Try living it.
I rather not but it is definite good to be aware. I really don't have any advice but I hope whichever route you choose it goes as smoothly as possible. *hugs*

I had a scheduled c section and didn't think it was all that bad. There is also a chance of a VBAC with your next as well.

In the end I just think whichever option yields the healthiest baby and mommy is the best route.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #24
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vaginal birth or c section. WWYD?

id schedule a csection. honestly my good friend had a emergency section with her first, horrible hospital delivery with her second and planned the perfect home waterbirth for her third...that ended in a crash csection to save them both:/ they are fine, and the end THAT is what matters and that is why csections are offered, imo. i think a vaginal woulddo way more harm that a planned csection...
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #25
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Id have the csection and not feel bad or even think twice about it. Vaginal birth is not always the best option, there are always exceptions. This sounds like one of them.

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #26
bellasophy04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

From someone who has had 3 vaginal births (2 unassisted) with no problems at all during and after birth, I would say, Please please please do what feels right for you. if I were in your shoes I would totally do a c-section.

We are lucky to live in a world where we can make choices and where, when we need to, take advantage of modern medicine.

The way we birth does not define who we are as mothers.

bellasophy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #27
chamise
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellasophy04
The way we birth does not define who we are as mothers.
+1
Old 12-21-2013, 11:31 PM   #28
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

As much as I hate the idea of a c-section (and I haaaaaate it) I would ask myself which fear could I overcome: fear of a c-section and complications, or fear of a prolapse during labor?

I think I might have an easier time overcoming the fear of a c-section. I could see myself feeling tense and panicky during labor, with my mind split between getting baby out and keeping myself together. Trusting my body got me through my first labor, if I felt like I couldn't trust it the next time I would probably be a wreck.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:42 AM   #29
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

((Hugs)) What a choice to have to make :-( I'm sorry.

I would think about each scenario, how likely each scenario would be, and the recovery- both immediate and long term.

1) Vag birth that goes perfectly, doesn't affect your prolapses. With what you've mentioned about them coming out with barely pushing to have a bm, this doesn't sound like the most likely scenario, IMO.

2) Long labor, vag delivery, but prolapses are forced out as well. You are now dealing with a newborn, and healing from birth, and probable near future reconstructive surgery, if not, having to deal with the prolapse every single day until you have surgery later. Therapy may or may not help if they've prolapsed that bad.

3) Long Labor, emergency c/s for any number of reasons, with possible worsening of prolapses because of forces of labor. Now you are recovering from a long labor, and surgery, and have a newborn.

4) Scheduled c/s, yes your recovering from surgery, but most likely you won't have to deal with worsened prolapses at least for the short term. Scheduled c/s are (IMO) the easiest to recover from.

IF I were in the same situation, I would opt for the scheduled c/s. You have done your homework, and you can know you are not just blindly following what the dr says must be done. THat is important. C/s are not evil (yes, they can be scarey) the technology is there for situations that warrant it, and it sounds like, in this case, it really would make for a better outcome for you.

I have a friend who is older, and wasn't given the option of a c/s with her kids and has severe prolapses- and ended up having to have surgery in her 40's to try and repair them. She has had both a sling and mesh, and has had complications from them, and has dealt with the pain of it ever since.

If you choose to have a c/s, look up "family centered cesarean" and ask your dr to work with you to create that for you. You own the birth, whether it is by c/s or vag. This is what I did with my last, and it made all the difference in how i felt- I didn't miss out on the early bonding- I watched my daughter be delivered, and after a quick check on the warmer (about 10 minutes or so) they brought her and put her skin to skin on my chest while they finished. She latched on and was nursing before we left the OR.

I also found, by making the decision to schedule, I was able to take time to make peace about the decision, and i think that helped my recovery go that much more smooth, because I was not holding on to any resentment, which I had done with my first, which was an emergency c/s. Part of my trouble always came from reading too much and clinging to what the crunchy crowd ideals were (I type that as a nice term, not derogatory in any way :-) ) When It hit me that I was blindly trying to "fit in and belong" to the crowd instead of following and doing what was best for my individual situation, that is when I realized that a c/s does not make you un-crunchy. I realized blindly following the crowd and insisting on a natural vaginal birth even though it was not what was best in my situation, was just as bad as blindly following what the drs say to do without doing the research and making informed decision!

Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:45 AM   #30
indigosmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ouchy, mama. Super rock/hard spot situation, no? I've never btdt, but c-section is my biggest birthing fear ever. However, in your situation, given the choice, I might go c-section over natural in an effort to spare my lady bits. You said that you are a candidate for pt for your prolapse... No way to be sure that would still be the case if it is worsened by another birth. On the other hand, why go through any surgery (including CS) if not necessary...? Sorry, I'm not much help. :/