Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #11
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

I think it's girly but I don't think it matters. If you feel it's right use it. It'll grow to suit him, or vice versa.

typing on my iPhone with one thumb while holding my baby

Advertisement

threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #12
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Makes me think of Carey Elwes from the Princess Bride. My favorite!!! Carey Grant wasn't a slouch either. I'd go for it!!
Happy to be again after a bit of a break
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #13
my5sons
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this boy name too girly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliz7 View Post
Makes me think of Carey Elwes from the Princess Bride. My favorite!!! Carey Grant wasn't a slouch either. I'd go for it!!
I love Carey Elwes! Hearing that name also brought Carey Grant to my mind as well. I don't think it's a girly name. Like someone else mentioned, if I heard a mom calling out that name on a playground or something I would most likely be thinking she was calling out "Carrie" and think girl, but I really don't know anyone with daughters named Carrie, either. Carey isn't something I would name my son, but not because it's too feminine, just not a name I would choose. IMO, if you and your DH love it, go for it!

FWIW...we named DS5 Harper. I suggested it and DH loved it. I thought of it because Harper Lee is the author of To Kill A Mockingbird, one of my most favorite books. That Harper is a female, but I really didn't think it sounded like a feminine name. We have since heard of a few people naming their kids Harper and I think they have been mainly females, but neither DH or I care. Harper suits our DS perfectly. Everyone we know thinks it's the perfect name for him also. So if you love Carey, go with it!
Old 12-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #14
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I like it but I am a HUGE Carey Hart Fan
Maybe do a very masculine middle name if you feel like it.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #15
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think Carey is pretty unisex. There are examples of both genders with that name. If you love it, go for it. DS2 is Emerson. We chose it as a boy's name even though is gaining in popularity as a girl's name. We liked it, so it stuck. Then again, I'm not super stuck on gender lines.
Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #16
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Very girly IMO and I would not use it. If I heard the name or read it on a class list I would assume girl.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #17
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliz7 View Post
I completely forgot about Carey Elwes, I used to have a big crush on him when i was a kid
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #18
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by my5sons

FWIW...we named DS5 Harper. I suggested it and DH loved it. I thought of it because Harper Lee is the author of To Kill A Mockingbird, one of my most favorite books. That Harper is a female, but I really didn't think it sounded like a feminine name. We have since heard of a few people naming their kids Harper and I think they have been mainly females, but neither DH or I care. Harper suits our DS perfectly. Everyone we know thinks it's the perfect name for him also. So if you love Carey, go with it!
To me Harper is a boys name. Paul Simon named his son Harper and he was the first person I met with the name so it stuck as masculine to me and I always think its funny when girls have that name
Happy to be again after a bit of a break
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #19
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

I know several girls with that name but no males. So if I were to hear it, I'd automatically think girl. But I think the spelling is masculine, so when reading it, I think boy.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #20
megenic
Registered Users
seller

I automatically think girl when I hear it, but then there's Carey Hart, who is a super hot manly man, so I do have positive associations for it as a guys name :-)