Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2014, 11:30 AM   #11
Mama_again_7
Registered Users
seller

Re: Any "older" pg mamas out there?

I'm loving seeing all the larger families on here! I have a question, though. Once your own children start having children, are you more likely to make a conscious effort to prevent more pregnancies yourself? How do you feel about becoming grandparents and still having more babies? That's something that's been on my mind lately. My oldest is 25 and was living with a girl and I just prayed they wouldn't get pg because they weren't married. My 22 year old daughter just recently got out of a relationship where he was pushing her to get married. If she had stayed with him she would probably be having a baby before long. And now with my surprise pregnancy, I think I would be a bit weirded out to be having a baby and becoming a grandparent, too! What are your thoughts?

Advertisement

Mama_again_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:36 AM   #12
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:

We have an aunt who's younger than my older sister. My grandmother and my mom had babies the same year, my mom with her first and my grandmother with her last. I don't see any big deal and my sister and aunt were very close growing up. 'Older' moms runs in my family I suppose. But, I don't think I'll ever be in that same boat because my dd isn't even 15 yet and I think this lo will be it for me.

Last edited by Resellmybelle; 01-02-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Resellmybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:57 PM   #13
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am excited about, to share life together. And the children love the idea too. In fact they do not even know I was reading a post about this and they are all at the dinner talking about the very thing. How many babies will we have while they start their families.

What is the chances. lol
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #14
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

Also sometimes I think we are just in such a different mindset today in our world of systems and busy times.

Because here we are talking about a human life, planned before time, and we will say it will be weird. This is life, nothing weird about it.

But yet there is lots of others things in life we may have or get at the same time our children do and we will not call that weird. Does that make sense.
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:22 PM   #15
Mama_again_7
Registered Users
seller

I do see what you're saying. And I'm sure it's just a matter of the society we live in now compared to way back when. I know my maternal grandmother had her 13th pregnancy after my mom started having children. Unfortunately, she lost that one. She lost 8 all together.

I also know that I'm going to face a lot of negative comments about having more children, especially at my age. I heard it with my last baby. Comments such as "you should be preparing for grandchildren instead of starting over with more babies of your own." That in addition to the typical "don't you know what causes that?" and "you have too many already!" and "you can't afford more kids!" I know, I shouldn't allow things that people say affect me, but it still does. Even at my age I haven't figured out how to just let it roll off!
Old 01-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #16
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No I do not worry about potentially having a baby when my older children might be also having a baby. We do not use any form of bc, b/c of our faith. I would feel it was meant to be. As for naysayers, only hear a few, just regular programmed society to contracept and it doesn't apply to us.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:57 PM   #17
babyleon
Registered Users
seller

Congratulations!!
babyleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #18
Mama_again_7
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post
No I do not worry about potentially having a baby when my older children might be also having a baby. We do not use any form of bc, b/c of our faith. I would feel it was meant to be. As for naysayers, only hear a few, just regular programmed society to contracept and it doesn't apply to us.
I've been reading more and more people on here who follow that same belief. I admire you for sticking to it and not worrying about what others say/think. Honestly, I think I would be lucky to get through this pregnancy. With my last one 5 years ago I thought for sure I would literally die! I was so sick and had so much pain. And then had an unexpected c-section because she was breech...sitting on her feet, and they were crossed. She never would have delivered naturally. We only discovered she was in that position after I labored for over 24 hours with no progress. I'm praying this pregnancy isn't nearly as eventful! I know God has blessed me greatly with this baby, and He has plans no matter what anyone else thinks.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:52 PM   #19
Mama_again_7
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyleon View Post
Congratulations!!
Thanks!!!
Old 01-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #20
mommyfrog
Registered Users

My youngest brother was only two when my oldest sister had her first baby. My mom actually breastfed her grandson once because my brother was still bf and my nephew was screaming and wouldn't latch onto poor sister's engorged breast. He calmed down enough to latch on, but doesn't like to hear that story now!! His wife is having a baby this month and will be older than my baby. My grandma had a baby or two right around the time her oldest daughters were having their first babies. Anyway, I guess I'm trying to say it is "normal" in my family. My daughter was actually on her first month of trying when I got pregnant. We were hoping she would get pregnant too. She didn't and is still trying. I'm sure it will happen soon and our babies will be close in age. It will be fun!! That said....I'm pretty sure we are done after this one, as long as dh gets the big V and we don't have an oops.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote