Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #21
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: August 2013 Due date chat **January**

We are spending today at home just so I can get some stuff done. I hope to get all the bedding washed up and floors cleaned again (hate that job).

Advertisement

missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:16 PM   #22
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
We woke up this morning to puke from Emily . But I tell everyone I wish I could get sick like her. She threw up once and is now perfectly fine.

Except now Steven has a fever and been icky since noon. I need to get Matthew to sleep so I can run to target and pick up a better thermometer. The one we have SUCKS big time!

Matthews four month appt is tomorrow.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:37 AM   #23
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am sorry you had the sickies Erica! I hope today is better!

Missy did you get your house organized better?

AFM - I had grand plans for today and they are already up a creek! Doh!! My car (the car I brought into the marriage that is) wouldn't start today so now I have to get it towed to the repair place. DH took the van. So unless the kids and I want to go to the mall (where the car will be towed) we are stuck at home all day. Not a huge issue as I only wanted to go to the library today if things were working well. However because of the horrible cold across the country I have been on hold for 15 minutes! Well as I wrote that they picked up. So now that is set up.

Time for school now!
Old 01-06-2014, 06:42 AM   #24
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Erica - GL on the kids kiddos and the dr appt.

Jennifer - stay safe out there.

ATM - Back to the old grind again today 5:30 comes all to quickly in the morning especially when you really didn't sleep the night before. Jace was not excited about going back today even though he has some new classes to go to. The other three are not even up yet and dh didn't get up until 6:30. It must be nice not to have to worry about kids in the morning. Can you tell I am not use to having him here during the week.

I got the downstairs cleaned yesterday including the toy room YAY ME!!! Today I need to get caught up on laundry and clean bathrooms. I also ned to go into town to my parent's house and get the exersauser for Dresden from them. I really could have used it this weekend.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:42 AM   #25
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Erica - GL on the kids kiddos and the dr appt.

Jennifer - stay safe out there.

ATM - Back to the old grind again today 5:30 comes all to quickly in the morning especially when you really didn't sleep the night before. Jace was not excited about going back today even though he has some new classes to go to. The other three are not even up yet and dh didn't get up until 6:30. It must be nice not to have to worry about kids in the morning. Can you tell I am not use to having him here during the week.

I got the downstairs cleaned yesterday including the toy room YAY ME!!! Today I need to get caught up on laundry and clean bathrooms. I also ned to go into town to my parent's house and get the exersauser for Dresden from them. I really could have used it this weekend.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #26
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Missy when does your DH go back to work? I go nuts too when my DH is home for the day during the week. I don't blame you for feeling odd when yours is just home.

We found out the car just needed a tune up. While that isn't quite a it isn't a either. So that is good. I will take both kids and N's carseat and take the bus to the car this afternoon. I was going to bring the stroller but the stroller is in the van. So now I debating bringing the foldable wagon. It is about 2 blocks to the bus then about 3-4 blocks to the repair place from where the bus drops me off. So it might be worth it. I will have to see if it is raining when I need to go. DH offered to come home but I know that would translate in us not eating dinner till 8pm and I didn't want to do that to the children.

Something is going on with N. He is cranky and has a low fever. I am hoping it is teething but I don't know. It doesn't feel like something is going to emerge soon.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:22 AM   #27
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Well Steven stayed home from school today. I checked his temp at 740 this morning and it was 103.7

Called the clinic and the nurse said to keep pushing Tylenol and liquid. Checked him before I left for Matthews appointment and it had gone down to 101. Checked when I got back home an hour later and it was 98 . So he's cooped up in his room for the rest of the day. He's bummed because today "ruined" his perfect attendance record he's had since kindergarten

Matthew did awesome at the drs. He's 17lbs 9oz and 27" long. He got his shots and screamed for the initial reaction then was fine. He's now sleep on me.

The dr commented on how there's no way he's four months old. Sitting up so tall with great head control.

He did day we could start food for him. That now they suggest 4-6mo. We did blw with Emily and she did start eating food until almost 11 months. I am going back and forth on wanting him to start solids or not. I think I will wait until closer to six months but I don't know
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #28
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is the 4-6 month recommendation new? When my 3yo was a baby the recommendation was 6 months, but a lot of peds hadn't been caught up yet and still recommended 4 months.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:04 PM   #29
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

We have already started rice cereal and he loves it. I saw today that it is recommend to start solids between 4 - 6 months to decrease risk of diabetes.
http://health.usnews.com/health-news/news/articles/2013/07/09/solid-food-timing-for-babies-tied-to-diabetes-risk

Jennifer - good news about the car Sounds like a lot of work to go pick it up.

Erica - He is a big boy
Old 01-07-2014, 09:07 AM   #30
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow Erica! He is big! Nathaniel is 12 lbs 3 oz this morning and I thought that was good… especially because of how much he pooed yesterday. I think Max was around 18 lbs at that age though so I know yours is more normal. I would just be sad to have N out of his little diapers that I made him already. I hope the sickies have left your house!

We are going to cut back on solids for N. His poo scared me yesterday (don't know if it was undigested banana or blood but it is better now) and honestly he isn't picking it up and eating it himself yet. So we will just keep feeding him normally till he is ready. We will be getting his new high chair (keekaroo) today so that should be fun for him to sit with us and do things. I honestly think N will demand that we all switch to Paleo eating more then anything. Something tells me grains may not be his friend either. Eating Paleo is almost no sugar so diabetes (while in the family) isn't a concern.

Today we did school work and I figured out how much 1st semester 2nd grade will cost us in supplies for M. Good news is it is less then 1st semester 1st grade! I also need to meal plan for next week.