Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2014, 10:22 PM   #11
mclaybrook
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Have you ever been told the wrong sex during an ultrasound?

This thread is making me nervous! Now I hope my OB orders another U/S! I felt that I was having a boy.. and was told GIRL. Maybe I should study the U/S pictures better!?

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2014, 10:24 PM   #12
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
This thread scares me this girl better stay a girl

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:41 PM   #13
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ds was supposed to be a girl . When had the anatomy scan done around 24ish weeks and they said girl. Well he came out a boy and my sister had to go buy him some boy clothes so he did not have to come home in a dress. Everything we owned was pink or girly, the carseat , the crib and on and on. Dd was three at the time and was very confused and kept asking where her sister was.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:29 AM   #14
waiting4babygurl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieJack
Ds was supposed to be a girl . When had the anatomy scan done around 24ish weeks and they said girl. Well he came out a boy and my sister had to go buy him some boy clothes so he did not have to come home in a dress. Everything we owned was pink or girly, the carseat , the crib and on and on. Dd was three at the time and was very confused and kept asking where her sister was.
Lol! I'm so scared now. I wonder if 3D ultrasounds have ever been wrong. I was told that we're having a girl several times and I had to just make sure so I paid for a 3D US at 28 weeks. After reading this thread, I'm still scared.
waiting4babygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:48 AM   #15
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'll give you hope, lol. I'm 3 for 3 with the correctly named gender. Each baby had 2-3 u/s and the gender decision never changed.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:54 AM   #16
smilyme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My sister was told boy at her 20 week ultrasound. When she called me after having the baby, I heard a cry in the background, and she said "That's my baby." I asked "Is that Mason?" She said, "Nope, that's Madeline."

www.clothisgreen.com
smilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:57 AM   #17
GrazieGirl
Registered Users
seller

I asked the tech to make an educated guess at 12 weeks based on nub theory, she said it wasn't a guess, that it was a girl, very arrogantly. Six weeks later, with the same tech, I gasped out loud, scared the crap out of my husband and said "that's a boy!", the tech swore it was the first time she had ever been wrong, yeah right.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:08 AM   #18
karikos
Registered Users
seller

Not me but my mom 15 years ago. She was told both twins were definitely boys at every ultrasound she had. She even had one while in labor after twin #1 (boy) was born and they said yep, boy, and they were trying to get him to flip so they wouldn't have to do a c section. Well the baby flipped and out came a girl. My mom was shocked. Everything she had bought was for boys, they had to buy a bunch of new girl outfits and stuff.

I remember my mom calling me and wanting me to help pick a name because she had no idea what to name her.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-03-2014, 03:21 AM   #19
Mama_again_7
Registered Users
seller

Yep, happened to me with my 2nd pg. From the beginning I felt we were having a girl. But, we were told at our 20 wk u/s we were having a boy. The tech even circled the "penis" and printed on the picture BOY! for us to take home. So, I tried to convince myself that my feelings were wrong. We didn't find out until birth that we actually had a baby girl!! I was shocked, and ecstatic!!

ETA: btw....the "penis" was the umbilical cord LOL

Last edited by Mama_again_7; 01-03-2014 at 03:23 AM. Reason: to add information
Mama_again_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:09 AM   #20
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With my 3rd child who is now 8 years old was told that I was carrying a son. This dr did u/s's every visit (routine for him) and said "boy" at all of them, so I was confident to purchase all boy items. Lo and behold, a mere 2 weeks before giving birth, he said, "I don't see a penis". And I felt like I had to scramble to get girl stuff! I had her at 36 weeks, so my 6 weeks before my due date, only gave me 2 weeks