Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2014, 07:15 PM   #1
bpirof
Registered Users
seller

Preeclampsia

As anyone had pre eclampsia with a first birth and then later had uncomplicated births?
Do doctors watch more carefully? What do they do to try to prevent or catch any symptoms early?

I had numerous complications due to preeclampsia with my lo and it was pretty traumatizing for everyone involved :-/ I'm very much ready for a second but the thought of going through that again is terrifying :-( I have an appt with my ob at the end of the month but if like to hear from other mommas about their experiences.

Thanks so much in advance :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

bpirof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #2
Chibirsd
Registered Users
seller

I don't have personal experience but textbook speaking preeclampsia is typically seen in primary pregnancys.
Chibirsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:10 PM   #3
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
I had it after my third baby but never again. I had 4 after him.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:29 PM   #4
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:
Re: Preeclampsia

I had to be induced for pre-e with my first. Though I was carefully monitored with number 2 I had no issues with pre-e ( I did have GD). He was to be born at our local birth center but ended up born at home
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:54 PM   #5
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
I has preE with my first and went on to have three more successful pregnancies. 4th was complicated by a severe sch at 20 weeks but that was a whole 'nother ballgame.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:56 PM   #6
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Had it with #1 and not other 3.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:43 PM   #7
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have been 3 for 3 with pre-e they do watch me closely but I am the odditie my dr said it's less common in subsequent pregnancies.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #8
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Me too :-) I had preE with DD1 and a lovely uncomplicated pregnancy with DD2. The differences in the two pregnancies were incredible...had DD1 been my second child I would have know something was not right months before I got PreE! With DD2 I had so much more energy, almost no swelling until the lasr couple weeks and I felt just generally healthy in comparison. They did monitor me more closely with DD2 and I personally monitored my BP at home daily in the 2nd and 3rd trimester. I am praying to avoid PreE again in future pregnancies...it is so scary and hard!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:51 PM   #9
solobluedancer
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had pregnancy induced hypertension with my first (it was never officially pre-e because I didn't spill proteins in my urine), nothing with my second and I had preeclampsia with my third with some un classical symptoms. I was very vigilant with my third and I just knew something was wrong. The preeclampsia didn't get out of control but I did have the baby by csection within five hours of showing up to get checked out. I still had to have the magnesium for 24 hours but other then that I wasn't too bad off. The hard part was they had to take the baby at 37 weeks and I think she could have baked a bit longer considering some of the post birth complications she has had.
I think that once you know what to look out for, you can see a doctor before things get too out of control.
Ironically, I only had issues with my girl babies. My pregnancy with my boy was a dream. Go figure.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:28 AM   #10
bpirof
Registered Users
seller

Thanks everyone :-)
I think the part that freaks me out is that I had all the symptoms with no high blood pressure, and when my Bp did go up everything got really bad really fast... But it's good to know that most people don't have it again. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
bpirof is offline   Reply With Quote