Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2014, 07:46 AM   #11
dudleypippen
Registered Users
seller
seller

I absolutely regret not having more pictures of myself pregnant. I constantly felt fat and unhappy about the weight gain, so I have only 2-3 pictures for the entire time (one we snapped right before we left to go to the hospital!)

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2014, 10:57 AM   #12
cormama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you regret doing/not doing while pregnant?

Definitely exercise more. I think it would have really helped with labor and getting back in shape.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:03 AM   #13
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I regret just eating anything I wanted at any time and not exercising more. I had to work hard to get my body back because I just ate pizza and cupcakes and laid around.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-09-2014, 12:52 PM   #14
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I also wish I would've eaten healthier foods and done more research as far as learning what I wanted and felt comfortable with. My first pregnancy was very much basically "controlled" by my doctor because I just thought that's what you do. Luckily nothing traumatic happened to either me or baby, but it would've been nice to trust my body and the process a bit more.

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #15
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
More pictures (and better pictures... My DH did not take the most flattering photos!)

As far as other things... in general I know sometimes I could eat better and be more active but looking back and looking forward are not the same as being in that moment when you're so exhausted and feel so sick. So I think I have done the best I can most of the time

I did feel much better about my planning and preparing and following through with the birth for my second baby but I couldn't have done that without the experience of my first so I don't regret anything about that.

Last edited by justineybean; 01-09-2014 at 01:14 PM.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #16
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Holy smokes, right now I feel like I will never, ever, EVER get the chance to do anything uninterrupted EVER again. Having my kids is so worth dealing with the chaos, but I wish I would have just stepped back and enjoyed some ME time before my first was born.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #17
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisu
Holy smokes, right now I feel like I will never, ever, EVER get the chance to do anything uninterrupted EVER again. Having my kids is so worth dealing with the chaos, but I wish I would have just stepped back and enjoyed some ME time before my first was born.
Me too. I wish I would have just slowed down and enjoyed my time. I was so obsessed with counting down the days until Aubrey was born that I did not enjoy those 9 months. Looking back I can't believe I did that! I was a stay at home wife with so much time to myself and no responsibility! Why did I not enjoy that while I had the chance?! Of course I didn't listen to people telling me to enjoy it. I just wanted my baby. They were right of course.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 01-09-2014, 02:33 PM   #18
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

I wish I would have taken more pictures
Old 01-09-2014, 06:06 PM   #19
BCsMom
Registered Users
seller

I agree with the pictures. I wish we had started taking weekly shots earlier and in a cuter way, especially now that I'm due with my second and could compare. I also wish I had kept exercising longer, and especially was better with my kegels.

I could certainly be eating better this time around, but I also think there's something to be said for relaxing a bit and eating what you want. I was too stressed out the first time around with planning and getting everything READY.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:04 PM   #20
kierstenw
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Honestly, I wish I had exercised more. I was lifting before I got pregnant and then I asked the MW about it and she said I could "absolutely not" lift over 25lbs, even though I was lifting between 75-100 on a daily basis before that. But I was a FTM and I was scared. This time I will keep lifting through my pregnancy like I had wanted to last time. I will also keep eating clean. My husband was gone for half of my last pregnancy and I made a lot of excuses to eat like crap.
Mommy to our anniversary babe, Josie (5/8/12) and bb#2 due in September!

kierstenw is offline   Reply With Quote