Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2014, 11:30 AM   #11
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Albee is awesome. Bought 10 car seats there, 4 strollers, and never had an issue.

Advertisement

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:28 PM   #12
earthEmama
Registered Users
Formerly: cs***kky
seller

Last edited by 2+2macht4; 04-25-2014 at 03:08 AM. Reason: removed at users request
earthEmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:30 PM   #13
Ola_
Registered Users

Re: Comparing Nextfit vs Britax Maraton for a NB

I was just reading earlier today that the Britax Marathon bottom shoulder slots are too high to fit an average newborn as they are at 11" (compared to the Chicco NextFit bottom slots at 5.5"). Not sure if there are different Marathon variations but out of the two the NextFit sounds like a much better choice for a newbie.
Ola_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:48 PM   #14
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola_ View Post
I was just reading earlier today that the Britax Marathon bottom shoulder slots are too high to fit an average newborn as they are at 11" (compared to the Chicco NextFit bottom slots at 5.5"). Not sure if there are different Marathon variations but out of the two the NextFit sounds like a much better choice for a newbie.
Britax overhauled their convertibles several years ago, but left the names the same. The current marathons are appropriate for newborns.
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:52 PM   #15
Ola_
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
Britax overhauled their convertibles several years ago, but left the names the same. The current marathons are appropriate for newborns.
Good for them, though most confusing for us! I should have added that the info I saw was specifically about the Marathon Classic so as long as you get the other version it sounds like it is much better.
Ola_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #16
mrepko
Registered Users
seller

The nexfit will usually fit kid longer for rear facing since the briar xox known up have a shorter shell
mrepko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:46 AM   #17
trinflin
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthEmama View Post
What is the problem with the harness pads.. My dealings with chicco have been great.. (If an issue they'd probably replace for free) I ordered the Rose one, thanks ladies for helping me out!!
they don't have velcro to easily remove for washing which people didn't like, also they have a rubber grippy backing that i've heard is uncomfortable for little ones. It's not a saftety issue, but a convenience/comfort issue. chicco made new pads and they are $5+$5 shipping on their site. not free becasue they are no a necessity. i've seen some comparison blogs on the old vs the new and i think i'll get them becasue velcro off to wash is great and they seemed a little shorter which would means a tighter fit available for newborns.
***wanted to add we received our car seat this week and it instillation was a breeze!! seriously amazing. SSSO awesome to get a wonderful recline without shoving towels under the seat. and the super cinch was so easy, i effortlessly installed the seat in my car with my 6 month belly in the way
trinflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:02 PM   #18
earthEmama
Registered Users
Formerly: cs***kky
seller

Last edited by 2+2macht4; 04-25-2014 at 03:08 AM. Reason: removed at users request
earthEmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:04 AM   #19
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

No third party inserts please! Not approved so not necessarily safe. If you look in the manual there's away to put the headrest super low. If you still need more support, put a rolled blanket on each side.

ETA: there is a one-piece newbie insert. I just never paid attention to mine ;-)

Great customer service from:

Last edited by meljc; 01-27-2014 at 06:10 AM.
meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:44 AM   #20
trinflin
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthEmama View Post
I received mine last week still in box but peaked inside.. I'm wondering if I'm still going to need to buy a newborn insert? It doesn't look as if there is anything that supports the head around? Any experience with this?

when you take off that the tags, and take out the infant insert you have to fold down the back padding to get the headrest as far down as possible, then put the insert back in. with the correct recline that should be enough.
trinflin is offline   Reply With Quote