Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2007, 02:57 PM   #1
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
ATTENTION RE: Sharing Patterns

A mama recently posted a question about a specific pattern and other mamas responded by posting actual parts of the pattern in the post this is not allowed, you can not share copyrighted patterns in that fashion
The post has been removed but we felt the need to address the issue so it doesn't happen again. WAHMs work hard to come up with these patterns and I'm sure they don't appreciate people posting them for hundreds of people to see for free Thank you for your attention and consideration mamas

Advertisement

Old 05-30-2007, 06:54 PM   #2
Ilikecloth
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: ATTENTION RE: Sharing Patterns

EEK! Was it me when I needing help with crochet and LTK patterns?? IM SO SORRY If it was!??!
Ilikecloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:55 PM   #3
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikecloth View Post
EEK! Was it me when I needing help with crochet and LTK patterns?? IM SO SORRY If it was!??!
No mama it was a different thread We don't mind you asking for help we just ask that people not post copyrighted patterns on the board or share them
Old 06-01-2007, 02:28 PM   #4
undrthtblndrumng
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was just wondering, if it's a free pattern are we allowed to post parts of it or are we only allowed to link it?
Amie: SAHM of BooBooBear, BudderBums, LittleMiss, and soon to be Bean #4
Married to my highschool sweetheart
undrthtblndrumng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:31 PM   #5
cowmommy
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrthtblndrumng View Post
I was just wondering, if it's a free pattern are we allowed to post parts of it or are we only allowed to link it?
If it is a free pattern I don't see why that you couldn't, unless the pattern has a disclaimer not to copy or distribute etc...
Old 06-01-2007, 07:34 PM   #6
jenneonthespot
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmommy View Post
If it is a free pattern I don't see why that you couldn't, unless the pattern has a disclaimer not to copy or distribute etc...

I just wanted to add that most of the free patterns I have read simply ask that you credit the author when you post or share. But of course, each author is different, so be sure to read the fine print.

jenneonthespot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #7
cowmommy
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljennk View Post
I just wanted to add that most of the free patterns I have read simply ask that you credit the author when you post or share. But of course, each author is different, so be sure to read the fine print.
TY mama
Old 06-27-2007, 04:02 PM   #8
cowmommy
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Old 09-08-2007, 08:09 PM   #9
alysia101
Registered Users
seller

I have a question, I need a help with a pattern. Can I just post 1 line of a pattern so someone can hopefully tell me what it means?
Old 09-08-2007, 09:15 PM   #10
cowmommy
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysia101 View Post
I have a question, I need a help with a pattern. Can I just post 1 line of a pattern so someone can hopefully tell me what it means?
It is according to what the author of the patterns wishes are. I can say if it is a pattern you had to pay for, more than likely, the answer will be no You should be able to email the person who wrote the pattern in that case to get help. You could post something like I have x pattern and need help could someone that does it please PM me and see if they can help you