Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #21
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Looking for a larger nighttime pull up solution for my 37 pounder...

Thanks mamas! I am gonna give pocket trainer pullups a try. If they don't work, I will go with ME bedwetter and give them a try

Advertisement

Currently working on...Leading my heart where it should go....not yelling....and practicing patience.
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:18 PM   #22
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady longs View Post
I am currently using Thirsties Large covers with flats bifolded in them. My son is nearing the weight limit on these and there is not much room left in them.

He only wets a few nights a week, but I definitely still need a night time solution for him. Would love to continue to use cloth with him, but don't want to pay a ton of money for a solution for him.

Anyone know a good, reasonably priced nighttime PULL UP option for a nearly 40 pounder?

Also, I dont need it to be crazy trim, but I will not put him in HUGELY fluffy diapers as I can't fit pajamas over all that business...

Thanks!
I just got 2 pocket trainers from BunnyfootBoutique on Etsy. They have side snaps (2 rows) which make them very adjustable and you can stuff with lots as the pocket is generous. I've only used them once so far but no leaks and I have a heavy wetter. My son is on smallest of all snaps settings on Large and they were $10 each.

You could also try bamboo Motherease Toddlerease ($19)underneath an XL Bummis Pullon Pant ($6.50). The Pull on pants do run small by a size, I'd say.
Right now, my son is down for the night in a Large bamboo Sandys with a disposable gdiaper insert in it and a Thirsies hemp insert, under a Large Bummis PullOn. But my son is 30 lbs. I wouldn't go smaller than XL in your case.

Last edited by kirst; 02-12-2014 at 10:20 PM.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #23
gsmama2012
Registered Users

I have a solution for a heavy wetter 38lb but it's not a pull up.
gsmama2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:54 PM   #24
xin_ying
Registered Users
seller

I used mother ease and super undies night time for my daughter but they are very very bulky. Pajama pants don't fully fit over them. She also just wets a couple times a week now, if that, and not a ton, so I use her best bottom day time trainers. They don't hold a super huge soaking but I have only had to change the sheets once in a few months. You can also buy the night time doublers that snap into the diapers. The size small and medium work. The overnight with the feel-wet trainer on top helps hold more and still helps her feel that she is wetting and wake up. With number #2, I also plan on trying the flip trainers. I love the best bottoms though. They great thing about them is that the inserts snap out and I can use the shell more than one night. They aren't a good option for a heavy wetter but for those couple accidents a week, I love them. I also love that she can feel that she is starting to go, it usually wakes her up
xin_ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:37 PM   #25
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirst View Post
I just got 2 pocket trainers from BunnyfootBoutique on Etsy. They have side snaps (2 rows) which make them very adjustable and you can stuff with lots as the pocket is generous. I've only used them once so far but no leaks and I have a heavy wetter. My son is on smallest of all snaps settings on Large and they were $10 each.

I would love to hear a follow up on how you like these....that sounds like exactly what I am looking for. And $10 is completely amazing.

I just ordered a used bumwear and a new snap ez today. But, those come to like $25 each!

I tried Sunbaby and it wasn't big enough.

Im already frustrated with trying options - and I haven't even really tried that much

Currently working on...Leading my heart where it should go....not yelling....and practicing patience.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:41 PM   #26
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I couldn't find Bunny foot Boutique on etsy....

Old 02-13-2014, 07:44 PM   #27
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmama2012 View Post
I have a solution for a heavy wetter 38lb but it's not a pull up.
Thanks, but I am really wanting a pull up so he can manage it all on his own

Old 02-13-2014, 10:17 PM   #28
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I couldn't find Bunny foot Boutique on etsy....
i would post a link but I'm on my stupid phone.

Sorry it's BunnyfeetBoutique - the shop name, all one word. The trainers are all $10 as she is discontinuing them it looks like. There are several girly Larges left in her store, but not sure they'll be there for too long, in time for me to give these a longer testing out. They are PUL outer with thin micro fleece inner and FOE. There is also FOE at the pocket's edge. They're narrow through the crotch, too narrow for Thirsties hemp inserts, but you could stuff with a hemp flat. I'm going to use what I have on hand, bamboo prefolds and some homemade hemp fleece flats. Not sure if your girl would object to the snaps as being too much like a diaper, but my son didn't seem to care.

I've been purposely calling all new diapers coming into the house these days, "underwear" or "nighttime underpants" so that he'll label these new trainers as " not diapers" and hopefully it will make PLing easier. I dunno.
I have no idea what in doing, really. One minute, my son is screaming that he's scared of the potty and then the next day, I go to check why he's so quiet, and find he's pulled down his Sandys and is just quietly doing his business on the toilet, having put the seat on top all by himself.
I'm kind of hoping if I don't make it into a big power deal that he will just train himself. At any rate, the snaps are fairly conspicuous on these trainers so not sure if that's a problem in your house.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:50 PM   #29
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I would love to hear a follow up on how you like these....that sounds like exactly what I am looking for. And $10 is completely amazing.

I just ordered a used bumwear and a new snap ez today. But, those come to like $25 each!

I tried Sunbaby and it wasn't big enough.

Im already frustrated with trying options - and I haven't even really tried that much
Just wanted to add that after using them a few nights, there is significant wicking through the FOE at the crotch ( which I assume is because the crotch is pretty narrow compared to his diapers and so maybe the FOE is rolling in, inside the PUL when he's wearing it.) There is no wicking through the FOE anywhere else, not at the top. So I think for my guy, these are going to end up being daytime trainers where I can catch him when he starts having an accident, and not have to count on them holding in his whole nighttime output. He's a pretty big boy for his age and usually his dipes are wide through the crotch with 5.5" hemp inserts added as doublers. These are closer to 4" through the crotch, to be more like underwear.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:55 PM   #30
kirst
Registered Users
seller

I'm going to stick with what I have been using- a large bamboo Sandy's with a hemp insert and a gdiaper disposable insert or Poise pad, under woollies or a bummis XL pullOn cover or MEAF ( loosely snapped so he can get it down). I no longer have faith that I will find an entirely cloth answer for nights! I can't just use a sposie overnight either ( everything I've tried leaks, even sizing up or special nighttime brands) so I will just keep using my weird combo. It's huge but it beats washing bedding.