Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2014, 05:59 PM   #1
jburney
Registered Users
seller
seller

Paleo and whole30

Does anyone have any good paleo recipes? I'm doing the whole30 challenge and am getting really bored.

Advertisement

jburney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:31 PM   #2
MoMMYAddict
Registered Users

Re: Paleo and whole30

What is the whole30 challenge?? *Off to Google* lol
How are you liking it besides being bored? I have debating trying Paleo but was worried I would end up not liking the recipes I could find and worried I wouldn't stick to it because of that reason!
MoMMYAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:46 AM   #3
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have been testing Paleo recipes for about a month now. We are transitioning to Paleo as a family (DH has weight to loose, I don't, children have allergies). I post recipes on pinterest that we have tried and liked. http://www.pinterest.com/jennifer472...ied-and-liked/ I don't think they are all Whole 30 but they all have been tasty for the whole family. Let me know if you have any questions. They are all rather fresh in my mind.
Old 02-02-2014, 12:02 AM   #4
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just finished my whole 30! But I'm a very routine eater. If I like it I can eat the same thing all week. I assume you've seen the site the clothes make the girl? I think that's the one. She had an amazing food plan. There's a shopping list and a step by step outline for cooking much of the weeks foods on Sunday. I've become a huge fan of homemade mayo, especially with a ton of roasted garlic or with curry.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum
neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:59 AM   #5
tiffanycreuz
Registered Users
seller

My whole family is 80/20 paleo. It's great! We bought a few cookbooks, subscribe to paleo chefs on facebook, and use pinterest a lot. I would recommend those routes for spicing up your recipe arsenal!
tiffanycreuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:08 PM   #6
monkey29
Registered Users
seller

I used the crockpot alot when DH did the whole30. Throw a bunch of cut veggies in there, meatballs or chicken legs/thighs, canned diced tomato, and some spices you like.

I also found a great paleo recipe for cooking a whole chicken in the crock pot. I think I just rubbed it with salt and put it on a bed of onions. 4 hours on low. Perfect every time.

Egg salad with homemade mayo.

I subscribed to a blog that delivers recipes to my inbox. That would definitely help you! We're going to do another whole30 soon, I need to start planning recipes again!
monkey29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:42 PM   #7
mrsbenav
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Pintrest! So, I am currently eating for allergies (LO's) and I would not survive without pinterest. Some recipes you will probably have to do some kitchen magic and sub some stuff to make it fit your dietary needs with some of the recipes, but that's the fun of it! AND!! It's almost the absolute best time of the year for fresh produce. Yay!!

My favorite thing right now is butternut squash soup. Roast butternut squash in the oven. Cut carrots and boil in chicken broth. sauté onions and add them to the broth. When carrots and squash is soft, combine and put in the blender. Add garlic to taste, rosemary, basil, ginger, nutmeg, whatever you want! and salt. Blend it all together. You can put it back in the pot and add kale, spinach, leftover chicken or ground beef or again, whatever you want!

I also make a similar cottage pie. Search AIP cottage pie on pinterest.

Bacon wrapped, honey mustard chicken. Yum.

Jessica

Interested in herbs or essential oils? Contact me! naturalbeginning@gmail.com
mrsbenav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:53 PM   #8
avismomma816
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am in LovE with Avocado... Yes it's a little pricey but I love it! I usually eat a half for breakfast with eggs and a banana... But the avocados taste so good to take a bite with my scrambled wags & onion. Or I cut an avocado in half and without peeling, I put an egg in the hole, where the seed would be & bake in the oven. So yummy! Also take red or green pepper, cut in half, & take seeds out. Put an egg on each with some kale & bake! You can even throw some bacon (already) cooked or turkey sausage! So amazing! Another fav of mine for dinner is a pork loin, or pork chops with honey & apples. I throw it all in the crockpot with some sautéed onions... It's amazing! My 1 year old loves it! Mix a salad together or some squash & kale! You will not be disappointed. Another great snack is raspberries with an almond in the center! So good. I could keep going on & on, but I won't! I hope you try some of my suggestions! Oh and lastly... This is another favorite of mine (I have a lot!) chickpea & avocado salad... Just moosh some chickpeas(garbanzo beans) and avocado maybe with some onion and throw it in a lettuce wrap! It depends on what consistency of avocado you like, sometimes I make it smoother, more of a mayo or with some chunks! It's totally up to you! So yummy, you can even add some bacon to it! It's really good! And have a size of fruit! My cousin also has a page on fb called "a girl and her food". She throws her meals or there each day & really shows some great ideas! Good luck!
Old 10-10-2014, 08:42 AM   #9
paleomama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love Paleomg.com, CivilizedCaveman.com, Detoxinista.com - great recipes!
paleomama is offline   Reply With Quote